Sign in to follow this  
bornagainpw

Bringing in Customers

Question

Hey everybody, hope yall are havin a great weekend. I was just wondering if we could get a forum going discussing what works and what doesnt work as far as advertising goes. I am considering a tv commercial but I dont know what the success ratio would be on that. Feel free to say anything.

8 answers to this question

How old/established is your company? I'm gonna guess by the basis of your question, its fairly new. Steer clear of things that are expensive and merely serve to brand you. Unless you can afford tons of exposures during prime time, it would probably be a waste of money for you.

Use the money to have a website built and then pay a company to optimize it for local SEO. Your next best budget item will be door hangers. Its all about repeat multiple exposure. Postcards, yard signs, newpaper ads, yellow pages (depending on your area.. don't spend more than $1500 per year), church bulletins, networking with other contractors, and if you do commercial work, knock on doors.

When you get a chance please go to "my controls" and fill in your signature line. That way we know who we are talking to and if a homeowner or business likes what you post, they can contact you.

Edited by PressurePros

got ya, Well I have only been in business for almost 3 months. I just am havin a slow week for residential and am looking for suggestions.

you're having a slow week....this is my 3rd season doing residential washing and I am still having slow weeks.

Feel free to say anything.

Anything.

ok, now that I got that out of my system... :)

I have not ever seen a pw'er commercial or heard a radio commercial for that matter either.

Most of what we see is in magazines for local businesses, newspaper classified sections featuring contractor headings, direct mail, flyers and word of mouth.

Rod!~

Edited by Beth n Rod
needed more humor, been feeling a little too serious..

Anything.

ok, now that I got that out of my system... :)

I have not ever seen a pw'er commercial or heard a radio commercial for that matter either.

Most of what we see is in magazines for local businesses, newspaper classified sections featuring contractor headings, direct mail, flyers and word of mouth.

Rod!~

A couple of guys on these BB's have done Radio Spots, Local Talk Shows etc... Non have gotten the responses that they were hoping for. Daniel Hopson with Cleaner image is one and Scott with Confident Roof Cleaning is another. I do believe there have been more but I can't think of them right now. IMO from what I've heard, it's not really worth the $$.

hi all

ok im in the uk 30miles from London ish pressure washing for 8years

drives patios pool surrounds graffiti removal not many decks hear in uk

most of our work is from leaflets ,website works well . and word of mouth

papers/local mags don't seem to work for us we also do high reach window cleaning

keeps us buisy in winter when pressure washing stops for us

robin

Edited by thewaterwizard
sorting out my sig