Sign in to follow this  
RPetry

DIY homeowners

Question

Going through some photos and came across an interesting story. This job was done in April of this year.

Get a call from the wife. "Our deck is a mess! Please come out and help us, we want to sell our home next spring".

Take a look in the pouring rain, see the first photo. Husband is a friggin' chemist with a large pharma co. Stains his deck twice, in two sequential years, with Olympic Maximum acrylic semi transparent garbage.

Add insult to injury, he never cleaned the wood! Dirt and mildew is in the PT SYP, and between the layers of acrylic! What a dope! Some people are just too intelligent.

Stripped out well, took some sanding, but less than expected. Stained with Ready Seal natural cedar.

Wife was thrilled, the husband paid the bill. Moral of the story is target high end demographics, with too much education, and be a hero.

Edited by RPetry
spelling error

8 answers to this question

From a sows ear to a silk purse! Oh yeah!

Beth :seeya:

Beth,

Hah! I use that saying all the time! No one under 50 has a clue as to the meaning of a sow's ear. Cracks me up!

Another fun one. "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth". No one knows squat about horses anymore! Sad in a way, but times do change.

Edited by RPetry

Beth,

Hah! I use that saying all the time! No one under 50 has a clue as to the meaning of a sow's ear. Cracks me up!

Another fun one. "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth". No one knows squat about horses anymore! Sad in a way, but times do change.

Rick you are not an old fart. :lol:You're a seasoned middle aged fart. :lol:

Beth

Rick you are not an old fart. :lol:You're a seasoned middle aged fart. :lol:

Beth

Beth,

Shocking language, that will be a 5 day ban on posting for you! Turned 56 in April, the far side, trailing edge of middle age! Hah!

Feel great, can still work a bit, smoke a boatload of butts, and drink a few cases of greenies a week. Hmmm, sounds bad, maybe someone will cover term life insurance?

HEY I'm under 50 and I know about both of those.

Yep things are a changing. Just hope I can survive it.

Pat,

You are one in ten. Hey, I'd take the devil's due, and die now. But only if I could come back for another full life in 50 or 100 years.

A lot of things are changing that offer a better future and life for all of us. I hire mostly college kids, and they are smarter, sharper, and better all around young men than my generation. I think the future will be great, would love to see it.

That deck is hilarious!

Oh, by the way, if you're below the Mason-Dixon you still know those at 30

I grew up on so many one almost needed an interpreter. Mama's family was spread across NC/SC and I swear I could put on a great documentary on the colloquialisms of the south!