Sign in to follow this  
TNRoofCleaner

Deck cleaned and sealed

Question

31 answers to this question

I can see why Ken would suggest his method with the lack of skilled and think-on-your- feet people that are available for crews these days. I am not saying yours Ken are bad, but I think your methods errs on the side of caution and avoiding customer issues...am I right?

While we do not use tarps, we spend a great deal of time 'teaching' our crew the techniques of application, what to look for and what not to do etc.

Eliminating the bad habits from the beginning saves a great deal of time in go backs later.

Rod!~

I can see why Ken would suggest his method with the lack of skilled and think-on-your- feet people that are available for crews these days. I am not saying yours Ken are bad, but I think your methods errs on the side of caution and avoiding customer issues...am I right?

While we do not use tarps, we spend a great deal of time 'teaching' our crew the techniques of application, what to look for and what not to do etc.

Eliminating the bad habits from the beginning saves a great deal of time in go backs later.

Rod!~

Definitely, Rod. The part in the manual (if you will) about tarping has been removed because of the change in technique for deck staining. For my business model the technique has to be as foolproof as possible to keep up QC standards.

I went back today and you all were correct. Although it is not as bad as it looked in the original picture. Sorry about the blue hue on the pic as the camera was set wrong and I did not notice until I got home.

post-5133-1377722636_thumb.jpg

Yes it was. I real time it still looks like the original picture. What I was trying to show was the lap marks that Ken pointed out by the rails. You can still see them but they are not as bad as in the original picture. Something to watch for in the future. Thanks guys.