Sign in to follow this  
Adrian

Really Old

This might be one of the oldest working Decksters. The original model.

Powder coating is just about gone. Sight glass is foggy. Stains on it everywhere. Squeaky axle. Still a workhorse though.

post-1033-13777226468_thumb.jpg

I use it all the time.

It's about 7 years old.

I bought it 5 years ago from a company going out of business.

I did replace the diaphram and regulator earlier this year.

I just wish I would have gotten the Hurricane Brush that was with it at the time.

I love this piece of equipment.

Still works great.

Is it the same pump as a Decker? See, I didn't know that.

My pumptec is one of the original models. Tracy had to get them to search the old inventory to find the right manifold and seal setup. He said there wern't many left at the time.

I am kind of hooked on my pads and poles Rick. But, have you ever used a hurricane brush? Or the equivelant?

I'm sure thinking about one but kind of worry about the flow rate through the brush.

Tracy told me it is the thing to use in windy conditions. For the footprint of course.

Adrian,

Yes, the Decker 5'er is a PumpTec HLVP pump. In fact the unit, including the cart etc. was assembled by PumpTec. I do not think they make them anymore...

No, never tried a hurricane brush. To be honest, with the right PSI and flow setting on the gun, for PT we really do not need to back brush using RS.

My original gun finally wore out this spring. Had Tom at ACR Products fabricate two new ones, one for deck floors and a shorter one for vertical wood and spindles. See pics.

There is now real flexible hose that can be purchased. Got this nice lime green hose at a local auto supply store, about $30. Sure beats that kinky, non bending air hoses that originally came with the unit.

post-170-137772264757_thumb.jpg

post-170-137772264767_thumb.jpg

I don't use the original spraygun. I have been through a couple of those.

They don't hold up to caustic that well.

Shane set me up with a 5 footer wand a couple of years ago. It's the best one I have ever used. It holds up to the chems very well. I have a variable degree cone tip on the end.

I have been using air hose from Tractor supply. Yep!!! Air hose. The 50 footers. 10.00 each and they have lasted 18 months so far. They hold up better than the hose that came with it. IMO. Attach a couple of those together and the deckster stays put most of the time.

But last year the winds put alot of wood on hold, unless you are a brush and pad junkie.

I am really thinking about the hurricane brush.

That's a cool Ready Seal T-Shirt by the way.

How can one score one of those?

Edited by Adrian

What is the psi and gpm of the Deckster?Glad to hear that you got that thing working good Adrian.Good pictures guys.

I can bump it up to 250psi at 2.5gpm. But I rarely go above 50psi.

I thought it might be on its way out the door at one point.

A couple of tweeks and some pacification from Tracy, got more life out of this thing.

I'm shooting for 2 more seasons if not more out of it.

It has paid for itself 100 times over.

... That's a cool Ready Seal T-Shirt by the way.

How can one score one of those?

Adrian,

You have to submit your first born to Peirce at Ready Seal. They brainwash the child at 3 yrs. of age, starting with pure paraffin oil to make their skin even more pure and smooth. After that the poor child is hooked, constantly crying for baby oil.

Then, one must perform despicable acts down in Lewisville, Texas. Jeff is the man, you have to submit to leather, whips, and if he does not like you, friggin' chains. Be submissive, as the top dog Don is no one to cross swords with.

A donation to an orphanage charity in Mexico can gain you a lot of points, and spare your dignity.

Please, do not ask about getting a Ready Seal baseball cap. The pain and suffering cannot be described on a public forum.

I have moved alot of RS over the yrs. Maybe I will get a shirt if I ever meet them.

Adrian,

Sorry, I was just kidding around.

A few years ago, Ready Seal had an inventory of extra tee shirts. Don't quite know why, maybe they over ordered for the guys in the plant.

Anyway, got wind of this and called Peirce. Purchased 10 or 12 in my size. They were not cheap, but they are really good tee shirts, wear them all the time.

Call Peirce and beat him up. I'm going to need some new ones next year.