Sign in to follow this  
Plazaman

Please Help me Ultilize my Current Equipment

First off, great site very informative. 2nd, I am not a PW contractor, I am residential/lite commerical contractor. Only PW a few times a year, mostly paint prep for exterior painting, ocasional deck wash, vinyl. ....

My Equipment (nothing like the pros here) Dewalt 3800 PSI 14Hp with Cat67dx pump. 4gpm Stock hose, wands, tips.

Questions:

1) Hardly ever needed, But would like a 100' foot hose, would it be better to buy a separate hose or keep a spare 50 around and join it (is that even possibile?

2) I'll Try the Downstreaming now, but where do i get the tips from? And is there any additional components i should have on my pump? I see talk about ballvales...injectors. etc...

3) Stock gun ok or should that be changes?

Basically, I want to maximize my machine to the best i can, to be able to shoot chemicals.

Thanks

First off, great site very informative. 2nd, I am not a PW contractor, I am residential/lite commerical contractor. Only PW a few times a year, mostly paint prep for exterior painting, ocasional deck wash, vinyl. ....

My Equipment (nothing like the pros here) Dewalt 3800 PSI 14Hp with Cat67dx pump. 4gpm Stock hose, wands, tips.

Questions:

1) Hardly ever needed, But would like a 100' foot hose, would it be better to buy a separate hose or keep a spare 50 around and join it (is that even possibile?

2) I'll Try the Downstreaming now, but where do i get the tips from? And is there any additional components i should have on my pump? I see talk about ballvales...injectors. etc...

3) Stock gun ok or should that be changes?

Basically, I want to maximize my machine to the best i can, to be able to shoot chemicals.

Thanks

You can use quick couplers to join the hose. Make sure you get couplers that are for water and rated for the pressure. They are available where you bought your pressure washer, or any pressure washing distributor.

The tips are also available from a pressure washing distributor or at the store where you bought your machine. They are typically black and have a large orifice.

I would use the stock gun until it fails. In my opinion, the more expensive guns are worth the money. They are easier to use, they are not as hard to hold open, and just generally last longer.

You can use quick couplers to join the hose. Make sure you get couplers that are for water and rated for the pressure. They are available where you bought your pressure washer, or any pressure washing distributor.

The tips are also available from a pressure washing distributor or at the store where you bought your machine. They are typically black and have a large orifice.

I would use the stock gun until it fails. In my opinion, the more expensive guns are worth the money. They are easier to use, they are not as hard to hold open, and just generally last longer.

What Scott said. I'll add that if you want to downstream any higher than 10' or 12', buy a 1/4" male quick connect with a female mpt and add a 1/4" air chuck with male mpt. The two pieces should run about $5. 100' of hose makes more sense and keep the 50' as a spare. The fewer connections, the fewer possible leaks and the less you'll need to relocate the machine. If you develop a leak, the hose can be repaired.

Plazaman - please fill out your signature.

Second - how are you doing this "not really" as a job, but taking money I would expect - without insurance and being a company?

I'm going to come off as a biatch here, but it's guys like you that hurt those of us that DO this as a career....

and yet, we answer :(

and yet, we answer :(

I've stopped answering. This is the wrong part of the business cycle to be encouraging these guys. When the economy is back on track, and the country is adding jobs each month instead of losing jobs and unemployment falls below 4%. Then at that point - those who want to remain in this business are deserved of help - and then I'll start helping again. But for now - most guys come here to try and undercut legit contractors. These kind of guys have made it virtually impossible in the painting trades the last few years. Not that I have much against immigrants - but 100% of the crews out there are immigrants from latin and south america. And I don't know really how to play that 'game' right now - because I know it's not 100% legit.

Actually, I am a legit company. Actually I am bonded, insured, workmans comp, licensed in NYC, and 3 other counties surrouding it. Actually, I have a 2 Mil insurance policy, prolly more than most of you guys on here.

My Website is www.perfectocorp.com

Anything else I can answer for guys who have doubts?

Thanks.

Thanks

Okay, so NOW you pop back......the signature rule (which should have been done FIRST) may have alleviated some of my crankiness, but look at the first thing you said to us....... "I AM NOT A PW CONTRACTOR..."

You should probably not be assuming things either - more than few have the same $2M policy HOWEVER, ours specifies power washing so we can, does yours?

As to what the best equipment for your purpose, there are thousands of suggestions, opinions and advise in thousands of threads. As a professional contractor, you should know how valuable everyone's time is here - use the search feature.

Actually I have a legit question. What do you actually mean by 'bonded'? I think that term is horse $hit. I know of G.C.'s that pull out performance bonds on remodeling projects. But I wonder if there is any reality to what many out there claim they are bonded. What specific paper work do you have? What does it mean in your case that you are 'bonded'?

I hope you guys don't think every new guy that asks questions are hacks trying to undercut your prices. I for one would never charge a dime or even do someone's deck at all until I was 100% trained to do so. (maybe a long time before I am ready) Also, I only ask questions if I cannot find the answers with the search button.

Thanks to all of you that are willing to help a new guy.

Actually I have a legit question. What do you actually mean by 'bonded'? I think that term is horse $hit. I know of G.C.'s that pull out performance bonds on remodeling projects. But I wonder if there is any reality to what many out there claim they are bonded. What specific paper work do you have? What does it mean in your case that you are 'bonded'?

Bonded around here only applies if you go past the thresh hold of a dwelling or business. Records checks and policy to cover anything missing/stolen after you leave. Doesn't apply to what I do as I don't clean windows and have to go inside a house.

Every question I have had so far has been answered by a pro and I never even asked. I stay up late at night, reading and munching on Keebler's Chocolate chips.

Thank You for posting and making information public.

I want to specialize in certain areas. I never want to be a Hack, lowballer or a wanna be.

I get dirty so the homeowner don't have to and maybe make a living doing it. My equipment makes a good impression but without great results, my machine is just a glorified garden hose.

I have gave job leads away because I wasn't ready, that makes me either a fool or a guy someone will remember when they have a lead they can't squeeze in. I'm shutting up now, and Yes, I've got milk too......lol