Sign in to follow this  
gutterdog

mold mold mold, and some moss...

Question

Job I did today. Retired fellow.Nice guy from another country. He couldnt afford everything I wanted to sell him. So did the siding on 2 sides,the worst, and the brick on the ground 2 sides.

His deck is covered in mold.

I hit everything with almost straight mold killer. The brick on the ground was 100%, Dweled the heck out of it! well here the pics... only way I know as of now to post them. We are getting the deck next and I hope the rest of his house. I really feel sorry for him. He is a real nice guy from poland. His family was separated after WW2.

He has to save some more money up. Wish I could do it for free. One day I could here and there....

well here the pics

23 answers to this question

Im a little worried bout quality of sodium hypoclorite. Now that I'm all gettin up with you guys a lil bit. How I care for it and what I get to begin with.

Yall gonna think this is funny, but a big step, lol, for me. I bought a bunch of collared shirts. gonna wear them from now on. Even on house washins! already have 2 (shirts)(new collared) with bleach spots on them.

Some of you guys are limited where to get sodium hypoclorite. I shouldnt be? Dont they have dates on whem chem was created on side of 500 gallon jug? container whatever? lol!!!

I want to be a very good shoper on chems.

Came back to add (shirts). Didnt want any confusion, and I seem to leave alot of that. Sory.

Aww heck!!! lol!!!! came back to add collared shirts!!!

Just want to make sure.. No confusion! Now if ill just stop coming back proof readin my stuff here in the Grime Scene I'll be OK!!!

Edited by gutterdog

Mike, If you're just using SH for cleaning mold off the siding you shouldn't have to worry about the shelf life too much. Just try to keep it out of direct sunlight.

Mike, If you're just using SH for cleaning mold off the siding you shouldn't have to worry about the shelf life too much. Just try to keep it out of direct sunlight.

Seem to remember reading somewhere that also storing in a cool place, and very tightly capped, helps in retaining chlorine percentage.

I kept 2 - 5 gallons on the back of truck. Even when it was at the shop working on the transmission. Thats heat. Noticed the jugs were expanded with air a lil. So a lil unlooosening of the top and the 5 gal went back to normal shape. I think when this happens It was going bad. House I washed today noticed not the same cleaning power, my usual mix. I upped the chlorine another 1/4 gallon to make up the difference and finished the job.

Today I did another experiment. As a test I told the customer it was free of charge, no up charge for the extra work.

Got the old pump up sprayer out. Sprayed straight power house on the gutters. Butyl is one of the main ingredients I think.

I got a question! Why do some gutters that look just as bad on the same house come clean with the house wash mix, and other gutters, on the same house, you have to do all this xtra stuff???

Back to subject, lol! It worked. Some areas right away some areas not. needed more applications.

I think it may have to do with many things.

1. Were the gutters and downspouts kept clean of debri at all times.

2. Sunlight on that side of house.

3. Sorry brain fart!! lol. I forgot. 2 other things...(I'm doin laundry and 100 other things right now, goin over the day today.)

I use a combo for house wash.

Seem to remember reading somewhere that also storing in a cool place, and very tightly capped, helps in retaining chlorine percentage.

I usually keep the 5 gallon buckets in my shed. Maybe i did wrong by releasing the gases in the jugs?

I use 15 percent and cut it at least 4 times with water, works fine. To clean roofs I use 50 to 60 percent water and pump it out of 15 gallon drums with a small gas pump. Don'tforget to flush the pump with water when the job is done or tou'll be replacing the seals very soon.

That shouldn't be a problem at all. What percent are you using, 12.5 or 15 percent?

12.5 but when its fresh, told close to 15%, by the supply co. Going to get as much as I can carry tomorow. On the house today and yesterday I upped the sodium hydroxite by another 1/4th gallon to make up for the loss of strength. Worked good. What I'm getting doesnt burn so bad you have to rinse. Just gets a little warm... Thats all, no biggie...

I'm also not going to be lazy and leave on the back of my truck anymore. It always goes back into the shed from now on.

I use 15 percent and cut it at least 4 times with water, works fine. To clean roofs I use 50 to 60 percent water and pump it out of 15 gallon drums with a small gas pump. Don'tforget to flush the pump with water when the job is done or tou'll be replacing the seals very soon.

I want 15%!!! hehehe... With the pump up sprayer i run water through it when done, get good habits going, when I get the better stuff to apply chems.

I put it on the roof 100% lol!!! It was 12.5 but maybe down to 10% when I used it?

I dont know where to put this thought. So I'm putting it here for everyone else. Times get un believably hard sometimes. You have to believe in yourself. Things get better. Keep an open mind, and at the same time take your know how with your hands. Weed through the BS. Make real friends that wont steer you wrong. Check them too. Thats how you tell if they real or not. If you get to big they might get jealous too. Become not a friend any more.

You have to learn for yourself. Expiriment.. Do your own stuff like the grime scene aint here. Nobody gonna give it to you for free. I'm not gonna give it to you neither! You'll be glad you did too. Call It your own. Get your hands wet!!! Push your company with your own knowledge!!!! With a lil bit of help from us in here!!!

PS. I got over a thousand cash in my wallet. Bank is ok. Couple weeks ago I was thinkin bout... bunch of negative stuff.

Edited by gutterdog

Everyone has been through the hard times but most of us are still here.

Heck yea Rick. I'm slammed again and going to raise my price a lil. Today washed a big townhouse, end unit, 3 sides, and 2 gutter cleanings. Still taking me longer to wash houses. I cant get them done in 1 hour still. I'm always seeing something I need to "soap" up again. I know I can get it cleaner!

Had 2 estimates also. One was a duplex that shared the gutter front and back. He wanted me to just clean his side of the gutter? I told him the debri in the other side of the gutter would be a problem. I suggested that he talk to his neighbor and split the cost of the gutter cleaning? Duh? lol!!!

Well anyway he paying for both sides and getting him in 2 days.

The other estimate was a gutter cleaning, a house wash and a deck wash and seal. I sold her the gutter cleaning today. She thought I was kinda high on the other pricing, lol! It wasnt that high. Told her bout the 99 guy wash any house and the 219 guy wash any house, also a pw friend that wont touch a house for less than 600, and everything I know, and told her she may get what she paid for. She said she may get back with me on that. She has to save up a little.

Came back to say first time I tried that strategy (above). Im also doing an estimate on a job I estimated 5 or 6 months ago again this weekend.

Edited by gutterdog

Everyone has been through the hard times but most of us are still here.

The thing is Rick yall big guys act like you dont have hard times. That pisses me ooff lyin like that. I have them too. Pretending to be something you aint... Its not honest... Its a lie. a lie from the person that said it. A lie expecting smaller new companies to expect more. and they fold in the first year. Believing al the lies they get told. lies I got told in my 5th year, lol! Still vunerable.

A new company has more harder times than good times. Then they make the decision to cut corners or not, and move forward. That is a determining decision. There is so much more. I'm ending here.