Sign in to follow this  
netspider

Cleaning a wayne oil burner ??

I bought this unit a few weeks back and tinker with it each day. I opened up the box shown in the pick and I would like to know if I should clean up the gunk on the contacts ( both lid and above fan) and if so, with what? The unit works very well, just want to keep it maintained.

Thank you in advance

Dan

post-5588-137772273899_thumb.jpg

post-5588-137772273905_thumb.jpg

post-5588-13777227391_thumb.jpg

post-5588-137772273915_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the reply's. This is what John at "Wayne" sent me back to my question..

The first thing you should do is get a tune-up kit and new nozzle for the burner. There should be a spec. # on the burner, if not EHASR should do it. You can get the nozzle size off the nozzle, it should be something like 1.25 80^ A, it will be stamp on the flats of the nozzle. These you get from a Johnstone Supply. That will take care of most of your clean up the rest is just taking a dry rag and wipping off as much as you can.

After you get it tuned-up and cleaned up open the air bands up a little, maybe 1/8" to 1/4". What is causing this is it is buring to dirty, you need more air. You should not see any smoke after the burner has lit. You should also clean off the coils as best as you can.

Just to follow up, I brought my machine over to Delco/RAHSCO in Ft Worth and let Mark Play with it. He was great, found that the solenoid off the fuel pump was 220v not 120v. That explained why sometimes it worked and sometimes it did not. Changed out that and put in a new fuel Nozzle, bought a new Diesel Fuel Filter and some new Tips. MONEY well spent. Great SHOP, NICE People. I am Sure I will be back soon.

Bobby,

We talked about them, General seems to be the best bang for the buck when it comes to performance,repair cost and availability. So when I get the extra $$$ to upgrade I will make the call.

Dan