Sign in to follow this  
cartersproperty

Steel Eagle Surface Cleaner

I have a steel eagle surface cleaner. It is leaving streaks in the concrete. I have put new tips in it and it is still doing this. I want to take apart swivel to check bearings. Does anyone have a picture breakdown of this. I hate to take things apart with out pictures. Where is the best place to get seals or bearings if needed.

First, before you tear open anything, go get some pictures of what you are talking about, pictures always help.

There is a big chance that it is not the swivel, unless it is 2 clean stripes that are parallel and everything else is dirty, Otherwise it is probably something else.

You need to not be so eager to jump the gun, it can cost you a lot of time and money in a certain situation and remember, there is a lot of mis-information out there and it is sometimes spread by people out there that just do not have a clue or guys that want you to fail.

Go get pictures and post them so we can see what you are talking about and we can take it from there.

Chris is right. You should post some pics before letting someone tell you what to do or going to an unnecessary expense.

Steel Eagles are hard to break and a swivel should last for years before needing replacement. Yes, it is a machine and all of them break down from time to time, but there are so few moving parts.

I've created streak marks before by overlapping the cleaning radius on an area just cleaned. I actually cleaned it too much and it didn't blend.

Also, you could have bent the wand out of balance by accidentally banging it up against something when setting up or breaking down your equipment. It happens.

Brent

Here is what you can do, get the surface cleaner onto very dirty concrete and pull the trigger for a second or two then pull the surface cleaner up about 1/2' to 1' forward so you can see the pattern and how big it is.

Get a marker or sharpe and measure the clean spot and make marks on the surface cleaner where the clean spot is and then make lines on both sides to show the edges of where it cleans and then use that as a guide so you only have to overlap about 1" or so. Paint the lines or mark them every so often as the marker will fade.

Depending on the brand of surface cleaner you can go by where the handle connects, the inside of the tires, etc.... find something on the surface cleaner to remind you where the clean edge will be so you will always remember in case the lines wear off or fade.

Here is what you can do, get the surface cleaner onto very dirty concrete and pull the trigger for a second or two then pull the surface cleaner up about 1/2' to 1' forward so you can see the pattern and how big it is.

Get a marker or sharpe and measure the clean spot and make marks on the surface cleaner where the clean spot is and then make lines on both sides to show the edges of where it cleans and then use that as a guide so you only have to overlap about 1" or so. Paint the lines or mark them every so often as the marker will fade.

Depending on the brand of surface cleaner you can go by where the handle connects, the inside of the tires, etc.... find something on the surface cleaner to remind you where the clean edge will be so you will always remember in case the lines wear off or fade.

What he said, if your using a good cleaner onto the surface before you surface clean it you should have very few problems. Even a light degreaser onto the surface will aid.

Thanks for the input on overlap. Looks like maybe I have been using way to much!

Guest Bell
I have a steel eagle surface cleaner. It is leaving streaks in the concrete. I have put new tips in it and it is still doing this. I want to take apart swivel to check bearings. Does anyone have a picture breakdown of this. I hate to take things apart with out pictures. Where is the best place to get seals or bearings if needed.

Check the air pressure in the tires, I had a similar situation once and the air pressure was low on one of the tires.