Sign in to follow this  
bulletproof

Unloader Bypass Problem

I recently installed a k7 unloader on my 3500 psi 3.5 gpm direct drive pump (comet66dx).The installation appeared to be straight forward but for some reason the machine is now consistently blowing the 3/8 hose that comes from the unloader bypass (to what I think goes) back to the pump. The only thing that I did in addition to swapping out the old unloader was to change out the fitting at the pressure relief valve to a straight 3/8 barb, could this be the problem? I mean as soon as I turn on the water supply it blows a hole in the hose. Any help on how to rectify this would be great.

topic,9242.msg123759.html#msg123759

post-101-137772275315_thumb.jpg

post-101-137772275359_thumb.jpg

post-101-137772275437_thumb.jpg

Edited by bulletproof
adding additional info

Thanks so much for the help. Two more question though. When I return the trv do I need to plumb it to anything or can I just leave it.

If I am understanding what I am being told, I need to attach the barb to the lower fitting that I have pointed out in the attached photo

post-101-137772275518_thumb.jpg

You can remove the TRV ( the fitting in the lower hole), install a "T", put the TRV back in the end of it, and install a barb for your bypass return.

Edited by Russ Johnson