Sign in to follow this  
larryh

PWNA Seminar

Question

I am leaving today to drive to Gurnee, IL for the PWNA Seminar. I hope too see some of you there. Those of you who can't make it I will visit with you when I return next Monday.

10 answers to this question

Its going to be Crazy next year, the convention is going to be in a central place.

Isn't Chicago pretty much a Central place?? Where are you talking about??

Anywhere further south than Chicago would be more centralized.

Texas is like in the middle of the U.S. and Dallas has more than enough room to hold a convention like the one back in 2004, the one with the window cleaners association. That year there was snow and it really was a great convention and I learned a lot of great things.

I never found out who they were calling "little union boy" but when I asked they said that it is some weirdo that always talks about being part of an association or organization but I think that they were just mocking that person and calling it a "union". The guys and a lady there just kept on cracking jokes about that person.

2004 was the year I started in business and that was a great convention to go to, I would like to see that happen again with the window cleaners, I met a lot of great people that were in their industry for a long time, most were doing windows for over 20 years, some over 30 years.

I learned a lot about window cleaning and I made money cleaning windows on some jobs where that might have broke the deal if they were not done.

Even if the convention was not in Texas, a more southern state would be easier to get to so more people could drive if they wanted to.

Kansas is a pretty Central state. To me it really depends what time of season these Conventions are held which determine if I can make them. I also would like to go to a warmer state if the Convention is going to be in the winter months.

If I had one choice of the Month I would like to do a Convention it would be the beginning of March. There was a poll a few years ago and this time of year was the favorite by a large margin.

The Dallas Convention a few years ago was a good one. That was the First year I became a PWNA BOD. There were many good PWNA BOD's back then including Beth Borrego here who I think was an executive BOD or just on the brink of becoming one.

That Convention worked well because it was in Conjunction with the IWCA. This is something the ***** can explore for future Conventions to do a partnership like this. The total of people at the Convention was from what I remember over 400 people and as many as 700 all together.

That was my first Powerwashing Convention and at that point I was already in my 9th year in this business. The two PWNA Conventions after that one were also very good.

Today From the way its shaping up the ***** Convention is going to be phenomenal!!. Who knows maybe one year the *****/PWNA and the IWCA can do a Tri-fecta. That would be sweet!!

Edited by John T