Sign in to follow this  
Adrian

Ugly Stucco

Question

15 answers to this question

It's all the same to me. Dryvit, Stucco, E.I.F.S.

I just spit on it as I walked by and it came clean.

( naw I'm just kidding, but it sounded like a Chuck Norris saying)

12% and Prosource soap. Works like a dream.

I don't have any experience cleaning stucco/dryvit - I hear you guys talk about how hard it is. The one thing I am running into these days that is nearly impossible to clean is Azek material. Especially where the cuts are made and then not sealed - typical examples are corner trim boards with the outward 1" edge along the corner, and the sides of window sills. I really hope this material doesn't take over - as I was experimenting with two stepping with oxalic and simple cherry house wash and then eventually loads of pressure. I only got mediocre results at best - and I live in an area where the siding is mostly painted/stained cedar siding. So I imagine a 'roof' strength cleaner could work well - but would wipe out the surrounding coatings. I see this as a huge problem for the future.

I would say that there is a big difference in Dryvit and stucco. Dryvit is a lot easier to clean and stucco will take some pressure if needed.

Right on.

I didn't need any pressure for this one. Shot some reg. mix and dwelled about 15 min., while I grabbed a drink of water. Came back, light rinse it was gone.

I agree in the differences between the two, but you know that once you have cleaned the different tpyes so many times in the past. You just gauge it by your mixes strength and get the project finished.