Sign in to follow this  
newlook

Quality Assurance ~ Does Anybody Do This?

Question

Does anybody have any type of Q.A. program as it relates to their power wash services?

I have been thinking about this topic for awhile now and also evaluating whether or not it would be practical to implement some sort of Q.A. program in our company. Ideally we would want a 3rd party to conduct the Q.A. as it relates to our companies overall performance in the power wash arena. The Q.A. would be more focused on our Commercial Accounts than anything.

Thoughts?

5 answers to this question

My quality assurance is to make sure I do a damned good job. It's working so far.

I make sure I do a damn good job and I always ask my clients if there is anything they are unhappy with that I can do better to keep them satisfied. They pay my bills and without them I am just a guy with some equipment. If they are happy it means I did a good job and they will call me again. How much more QA do you need than that?

That's it! I can understand with commercial work it might not hurt to have something in place to make sure the decision maker is happy with the work you're doing.

I do about 90% residential, and the homeowner is always happy. Like you said, they pay the bills.

Carlos, interesting question. As far as a third pary doing QA, who would pay for it? If you do, I think the customer would have a hard time thinking they are impartial...

Maybe you're talking about quality checks on the work itself AND the total customer experience. To me, that is part of the account manager, or business owner, etc. I would definately have a specific program in place in which perhaps you call a week after the check is cashed, ask if everything is still great. Most guys won't call after the check, because they have the money, and don't want a trip out, but that really locks in a customer. "He called back a week later just to check on me..."

By the way, www.thepainterschatroom.com has a program where they will use the customers email address, and conduct a third party survey. They say people are more likely to complain to a third party, because of social stresses if you know the person. Make sense? They then forward the survey to you for evaluation....

Does anybody have any type of Q.A. program as it relates to their power wash services?

I have been thinking about this topic for awhile now and also evaluating whether or not it would be practical to implement some sort of Q.A. program in our company. Ideally we would want a 3rd party to conduct the Q.A. as it relates to our companies overall performance in the power wash arena. The Q.A. would be more focused on our Commercial Accounts than anything.

Thoughts?

Rich,

Thanks for the insight. Having a 3rd party do the Q.A. would be a reach and I could see where the customer could get the feeling that they are paying for this. I would promote the Q.A. to our commercial accounts vs. residential. I think everybody does some type of Q.A. with their business. What we are talking about is actually formalizing it and marketing it as part of our service to prospective customers. I could see an attraction to this and it would certainly separate our company a little bit farther from our competitor.

I will check out the painters chat room ~ thanks for the lead on that!

Much thanks Rich for your time!