Sign in to follow this  
Chuck Richard

Bitter Sweet News

Question

On tuesday, right in the middle of the first job of the day I recieved a call on my cell from my brothers reserve unit Srg. She told my brother he had been deployed for one year duty in Operation Noble Eagle. He would be leaveing in two days. We immediatly quit work and I gave him the rest of his time here off. The bad thing is I am so booked I had to work 9 hours today and another 10 tommorow. I hired a new guy who is a great worker, but for every up there is a down so therefore he has no licence. I have to pick him up and drop him off everyday. I am way to busy to look for another guy, but I need one who can drive.

I'm happy my brother is getting to go like he wanted to but sad he is gone. He will miss a whole year of his nephews growing up, birthdays, christmas, thanksgiving, easter, 4 of july, and all the other great things I have always took for granted. I also took for granted how great of an employee my brother was. I never had to say a thing, he knew what to do.

I hope I can keep up this year without him!

Please help the forces by donating phone cards, whether or not you believe in the war and support you should still put those out dying for us first no matter what.

5 answers to this question

Chuck,

I too send my thanks and prayers. I got to see a good friend of mine the other day on an MSNBC piece on surgeries in the desert , until then we actually thought he was still in Kuwait. It is what he loves to do and I see the personal sacrifice his wife and he have made. We were actually with her last night. I appreciate all that these folks do so that I can live the way I do , nothing taken for granted. I also wish you luck in adjusting to your business needs. I doubt that I can personally help because of distance but if there is anything I could do to help let me know.