Sign in to follow this  
krypt

Log home(winter)

Question

I got a question if some one help me out! 2 part question.

part 1:

I've done interior and exterior log home for about 3 years and they are mostly newer log cabin.

I've always used sodium hypochlorite (house hold bleach) mild soap and tsp mix.

Seems to work fine!

but I've run into a situation where this log cabin kit has been sitting for over a year and now has just been built, phew it's a nasty one to look at.

UV line cross overs on logs,Gray beams,dirt/mud, and lots of clear clean wood mix threw out this house....

I know house hold bleach will not cover and clean this house on it's own, so i invested in buying a oxygen bleach and tested it on some grayed out wood at my home and it seemed to work but leaves fuzzy...i didn't pressure wash it just scrub and rinsed...

hmm is there a better product out there in the market that will clean all above mentioned or am i going in the correct direction by using oxygen cleaner? and should i use a certain type of brightener after rinse rinse rinse :) to help promote the wood for a newer look?

part 2: can some one give me some links to buy me a already setup shorflo pump sprayer unit.

so far the only one i see is about $425.00 without shipping fee...

any help on this issue is much appreciated...

And to mention one more thing that may be important, the log cabin cleaning is interior in this case.

it's a winter job with a furnace setup to keep the house warm/hot.

Just in case some mention.. the duct work is not attached to the furnace lol

thanks

Happy Thanks giving all!

Steve

3 answers to this question