Sign in to follow this  
sweetwaterfish

Door Hangers

Looks great.

Every house dirty or not. At the very least homeowners will be exposed to your company and logo. You will get direct results from the dirty homes and indirect results (name recognition) from the clean homes.

A friend once gave me invaluable advice about time management...he told me "Don't waste your time on the REALLY dirty ones...they either don't give a crap about getting them cleaned, or they have no money." That's not to say that you ignore them, just don't waste your time chasing them...just my 2 cents. The ones that appear "clean" are probably using someone on a regular basis to keep them that way...work on making that someone be you (o:

Camelot,

I like your point and it may be why I am not getting good results from my doorhangers. I have always placed them on homes that could use a wash now and passsed right by most of the clean ones. Will change my method in future to see if it helps. Thanks.

Here's what I'm learning about door hanging, also a little history about me: I just started my own company after being in/around the industry for 10 years. I worked for a friend on a part time basis who has reached a comfortable plateau with his business and doesn't care about expanding. With the newness and timing of my company, I didn't get into the yellow pages at all this year, and most of the people I know that could send me business are clients of my friend, and I won't blatantly steal business from him.

That being said, I have turned to door hanging as a way of getting business. Here's what I've learned so far: I think you are correct about skipping the really dirty ones. Its obvious some people just really don't give a crap about the condition of their home. You could offer them $50.00 specials and they still won't clean it. Initially I also avoided the really clean ones, with the mindset being "hey they are already clean". What I have found out is, the clean ones get the houses cleaned every year, so they are good potential customers! I've had several call wanting to know If they could get the spacial discount next summer when they get their house cleaned (I always put an expiration date on the door hanger specials).

I also spend a little extra on the hangers and get a coated finish and heavy card stock that has a "quality look and feel. I have found the people are saving these hangers and calling me a month after I hang them, which never happened with photo copy fliers. They are pricier than most at 13 cents each, but I have found they are worth the extra $$$.

On my first set of hangers, I quoted a special price, as I was targeting tract home neighborhoods where all the houses were similar. My response has improved when I took the price off, and offered at dollar amount or percentage discount instead.

On average, I get 8 jobs per 250 hangers that I place. The door hangers cost me $130 per 1000, and at this rate I'll book 36 $200+ jobs from them. Its been a pretty good ROI.

Just my $.02...hope I helped!

Awesome! They even have it on their postcards, just got my samples today....I would forget the doorhangers and get the mailers, use the mailers as doorhangers, as well as use their mailing service.

First Choice, good call on the a'deas printing!