Sign in to follow this  
One Tough Pressure

Filter choice

I am currently upgrading my filter, between the tank and the pump. Other than the normal style bowl type filters, does anyone have a better choice?

I was thinking along the lines of a whole house filter or something like it, but am not sure that the pump can pull through that or not, since they are used in a pressure setting in most cases.

I use a thread on bowl type filter between my tank and washer. On the supply hose, I use a washer/screen filter.

I have not had any problems with this set up so far.

if the reason for the filter is for pump protection only[not water quality] then why do more then a an iron horse filter at $27 ?

I have run my unit for 3 years and have never any junk in my filter. I must have good water here.

I also have a bucket that i wash all the fittings in before i hook them up.

Do you guy's run 2 filters?

I do, one going into the tank and one comeing out.

cheap overkill.

my first filter is before the Y that can feed either the big tank or the small float tank.

I sometimes use the tank with the rinse aid and feed the washer with un-treated water. I switch back and forth for washing water and for rinseing.

Ron,

I guess that I have three then. One on the incoming hose(mesh washer) another one of those inside the Hudson valve assembly and then the one between the tank and washer.

Now you say "if the reason for the filter is for pump protection only[not water quality]"

It is for both. The regular style bowl filter takes care of most of the crud, but what about rust and sediment of older pipes? I was thinking that maybe I needed a little more protection, may it is overkill. That is why I am here asking.