Sign in to follow this  
Rick2

Fishing

Question

If you need a good laugh click onto this You Tube video. It's a riot.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76M012rel0E]YouTube- Funniest fishing show blooper reel ever[/ame]

7 answers to this question

We just go to the nearest boat ramp in the summer and watch the weekend warriors launch and load their boats on trailers. Bring a beach chair and be prepared to laugh at the wheel jockeys. Have seen boaters forget to put in park when launching, truck ends up under water, have seen ones forget to install the plug, sinks at the dock. Have seen trailers break axles when retrieving, have seen boaters winch boats of 7000+ lbs back on with winch made for a kiddie pool boat. Seen cables break and go through the rear window and out the front.

Oh yea that is funny stuff. Like when they back down and try to launch the boat and then pull ahead and backup and slam on the brakes and the bow lifts off the trailer.... All because they forgot to take the straps off the stern.

Or better yet and I did see this happen..... NEW Boat

Husband backs to the top of the ramp and gets out and removes all straps and cables. Hooks a line to the bow and hands it to his wife and gets back into the truck. He the proceeds to back down the ramp and about 20 feet from the water the wife asks him a question and he jams on the brakes..... The stern of the boat is now 8 feet from the water and the back of the trailer is still 20 feet from the water..... That's right the boat came right off the trailer and slammed onto the concrete ramp... Funniest launch I ever saw boy was he mad. Serves him right for removing the winch cable before getting to the water.

I "try" to take the family out each weekend for a day on the water and you're right Randy, it can be a comedy show watching some of these guys back a trailer down the ramp. It's tempting to offer to do it for them rather than waiting 30 minutes for them to put it in the water but then I start thinking about that "No good deed goes unpunished" thing.

Last year my friend John was driving his 18 wheeler when traffic came to a stop. Someone didn't strap the race boat onto the trailer. John said both outdrives were about 15 feet from where the boat was laying in the street.

I do have a 25' Sea Ox htat we trailer as well as the 38 Ocean. When I get to the ramp the bozos are lined up luckily I usually have someone with me to either back up or run the boat. We get a straight shot between the others and launch in about 2 minutes as we park the truck. Loading is the same power onto the trailer at about 3800 rpms on the yamahas and hook the bow hook and away we go in about the same amount of time.

The weekend warriors are screaming their lungs out because we did not use the end ramps but launched and retrieved where there was no bulkheads.

It is the same reason we leave the dock at 3AM and do not return until 7-8PM when fishing the canyons.

We see straps left on the boats as they back down and water over the transom when the boat should be floating. Garrett plugs left out, telling the wife to hold the like while hubby parks the truck. Oops forgot to put in neutral, wife takes a bath and there goes the new boat downstream.

Used to operate a towing agency, was called one night that a truck was stuck on the ramp after launching the boat. Went out to the ramp saw nothing and left. Get a call on the radio that the truck is still there. I tell radio operator I was just there and no truck. Went back a this guy runs over to the tow truck. My truck is on the ramp. It was a F250 with just the4 top marker lights showing. Told him he would have to hook the chains as I did not want to get into 50 degree water. He hooked it up and out came a new F25 complete with a 30' sea lion trailer.

All my extra funds go to keeping up the two boats, 38 is for luxury offshore and the 25 is a rocket sled for quick trips to the edge. Mostly for Mr Blue Stripes, Whitey and bluefin/yellowfin tuna. Once you catch one you never go back to flounder and porgies.