Sign in to follow this  
John T

My good friend died suddenly on x-mas morning

Question

Death of 9/11 firefighter hero Jim Ryan overshadowed by 'flashier' Flight 253 terrorism story

Jimmy Ryans youngest Child Maddie is my youngest child Brianna best's friend. They like to call themselves BFF's Best friends forever. My name is John Tornabene and I have been a police officer for almost 23 years and I have met a few hero's in my time who have sacrificed many but Jimmy stands out. He was a Hero's hero. He did it all and he did it well and he never ever complain. Symply put he did his job. Tomorrow at his funural If I can get up the nerve to talk since every day has been a packed house I will do a short speach about Jimmy and I want all to stand up and to clap hands to praise the short life this true American Hero lived. He was so welled loved and he will be so well missed that he deserves this standing ovation because of his dedication to his fellow man and woman and to this country by him doing his job and doing it well. Most of all he cared deeply about his family more then one could ever try to do. He was a Godsend and he will be missed but never ever forgotten.------John Tornabene

4 answers to this question

Thanks guys. Jim's daughter is sleeping over at my house tonight. She is such a sweet heart. Jim left letters behind for each one of his kids to read after he dies. The letter to Maddie in it said that whenever a wind goes by her it could be him by spirit. As you can imagine these letters are very sad but they are so important for his kids to have.

So tonight my Daughter Brianna and Maddie come up from playing in the basement with there toys and they swear that Maddie's Dad moved one of there Pet shop toys because it some how got moved. They believe this and there facinated by it and excited by it cause Maddie feels her Dad is close by...so they believe that then I believe that along with them. They are sweet and the best of friends.