Sign in to follow this  
99monguse

Help with chemicals for vinyl siding

Brian, Like the other guys are saying you can use the search button here and find most of the answers you are looking for. Also Bob from Pressure tek is a great person to buy from and he also can give you some great advice on how to clean whatever it is that you want to clean.

As for that pressure washer and surface cleaner that your looking to buy from Bob there both good for what you want to do. Heat is the best way to clean concrete but since you are not going to do this for a business its not worth it to you to spend around $3500 and up for a hot water Powerwasher.]

The trick to clean your vinyl sided house is to use a surfacant soap to help get the BLEACH to stick to your siding for a short while. Do this. Wet a side of your house down real good including your windows. Mix the a gallon of bleach with a little tide soap and put that into a 5 gallon bucket. Use your soap injector that comes with your powerwasher and soap up the side of your house that your cleaning. Do it from Bottom up. Then rinse your windows so you don't let the bleach affect the glass. Let the Soap(Bleach and Tide and also you can add some dishwasher soap in there to help the windows not to spot) sit on the side of the house for around 10 minutes but dont let it dry. Mist that side of the house if you have to to keep it wet. If you think your good enough then also now wet the other side of the house and do the same thing. Now go back to the first side you were cleaning and now start rinsing top down. Once done go to the other side and do the same. Becareful when dealing with the sun because it will dry the soap onto the house and windows and you don't want that. To clean the outside of the gutters Bob From Pressure tek can sell you a real good and fast chemical for that. Once you get the hang of this you can now see how a Vinyl house can be done so fast.

The Driveways you can also bleach when done to brighten or even use Oxalic acid(Us pro's sometimes use this but be careful as a DIY selfer.

Thats it. Practice makes perfect. Good luck and like I said do the search button here and all the info is here for your benefit.

I had decided to be nice since he calmed down and you tell him this.LMAO. Mongose, I think John is messing with you, call me if you want to.

ROFLMAO - you probably can find some of the best window PROS on this forum as well :) We have a DI water-fed pole system that costs more than you want to invest in a pressure washer!

How's that working out for you Celeste, have you used it much yet?