Sign in to follow this  
jeffex11

Getting ready for 2010 season

Question

This winter I have been busy looking at where my business changed in 2009 and where it might be headed in the future. I saw deck cleaning and staining fall off the ledge in July but house washing jump . My best determination from my experience is people were getting their houses ready to sell with more price shopping than usual.

2009 seemed to hit a wall for me in pricing even as my costs went up. My price per sq. ft stalled. The scare in the economy and uneasy outlook for the future made basic projects and maintenance my staple. I was able to book work at the end of the season to start the spring of 2010. Last season I started totally a new and it took until the warm weather came for sales to start.

I also began to look at the political climate in our State as Maryland is deep in debt and more taxes are comming our way. There has been an attempt in years past to impose a sales tax on services and it was shut down by business' stepping up to show their power in Annapolis and Washington. I feel that is comming our way again as our current political class don't know how to cut back.

If you are as concerned as I am I would ask you to take a look at a candidate for US Senate here in Maryland that needs your help in protecting the business enviornment in this state . Jim Rutledge is a conservative . www.Rutledgefroussenate.com No matter what party you are registered as I think this state needs business friendly elected officials to keep us from turning in to California. Take a look for yourself and decide if you can help by getting out the word about Jim Rutledge for Us Senate.

26 answers to this question