Sign in to follow this  
Phil Rogers

Do pressure washer salesmen ever lower the price?

Hello,

I am still new here, but I was wondering if buying a pressure washer was anything like buying a car. Do salesmen ever let you bargain them down to get a better deal or in your experience, is the price on the tag, the price you pay.

Thanks!

Phil Rogers

Phil, If I had to do it all over again I would not buy new (and don't). There's just to much lightly used good equipment that you can purchase for half or 2/3's the price of new. But if you do buy new, know what the prices are for the equipment you want, and let the salesman (or women) know they you have cash and you're looking to deal. Cash is always King!!!

Guy B, thanks for the information.. Where are the best deals usually found? I don't want to get scammed when I have limited funds to start on.

By the way, your website is nice! Who designs your site?

Phil check craigslist. That is were I bought mine. Got a great deal. You will find several. Check out all states that connect to you and use it as travel expense.

Bryan

Yep, craigslist, ebay, local, I've purchased equipment from both.

I would strongly suggest Phil that you learn as much as you can about running a Pressure Washing Business before you purchase equipment. Washing is the easy part, running a successful business is not. You see the reason there's so much used equipment out there is that people thought it was an easy way to make money, and I guess to a certain extent it can be, but the phone needs to ring every day.

Threre's a saying in the Industry, "Pressure Washing Is The Easiest Business To Get Into, And The Fastest To Get Out Of"

Thanks! A Company here in N.C designed that for me. I need to tweak the SEO a bit.

Thanks, Guys.. I am in school for business studies and still working a full time job while starting this business, so I am not jumping in head first without a safety net.. However, I do know what you mean. I really appreciate the advice.

Good deal Phil!!! I'm glad to hear that!! You are now 50% ahead of the curve. Key on Marketing, Market Demographics, Market Saturation, Target Market.