Sign in to follow this  
Alan Lindo

Starting a new company, would you recommend this package?

Hello all,

I am looking at starting up a Pressure Washing company very soon. In my research to do so, I have come across this Pressure Washing site. They offer a trailer package that interests me, but after reading some of the posts in here I wonder if I should.

PowerWash Industries - Pro Package 1 Details

I'm not looking to bad name anyone in anyway, I'm just looking to make a good choice in my investment. Is this pump and package worth the money?

Any advice will always be welcome, and I thank you for reading.

Thank you,

Alan

Looks expensive.

Do yourself a favor and before you spend a penny on something like that, attend a few round table events and talk to some contractors. Look at their rigs, learn what they do, and start with some basic services in your area. If you can get to PA, think about this one: http://www.thegrimescene.com/forums/northeastern-regional-news-events/18143-acr-round-table-1st-week-end-march-2010-a.html

It is put on by a vendor and he build rigs and lots of people drive their rigs to his meeting.

Just a suggestion.

Beth

J.D. from Power Wash Industries is a good guy, I have spoken with him on several occasions and he is really in tune with what we want and he cares about contractors, on the other hand there are many good places to buy equipment, that being said choose the company that best suits your needs as a contractor and one that you feel comfortable with because if you are just getting started you will need some support other than here.

Power wash industries is a good company and I dont feel you can go wrong there or with any of the guys you find here, your choices are all here as well as there.

Edited by Russ Spence

J.D. from Power Wash Industries is a good guy

From the little bit that I have spoken with him, I couldn't agree more. He has been nothing but helpful with everything I have asked. I am definetly going to be attenting the training camp. I am just concerned about the gear for the price.

I'm just hoping the gear is good stuff and will last me long enough to do it's job well without too many problems.

Thanks for the replies so far, and I will be looking in to attending the next ACR Round Table for sure.

Kory's having a NCE event right there in Fla. you might want to check that out.

Rig price is high IMHO. Again please do your home work before buying equipment.

I understand you can't sling a dead cat, without hitting a Pressure Washer in Fla., just food for thought.

1.20 HP Honda Powerplant (4000 PSI, 6 GPM, 200 Degree) Gun #1 $4K 20horse Honda's are junk

2. 4 X 10 Diamond Plate Deck Trailer (DOT Light Kit) $750 Where are you going to carry chem's and ladders?

3.325 Gallon Tank $400

4.Two HD Hose Reels $400

5. 20” Hammerhead Industrial Duty Surface Cleaner $350 Junk

6. Down Stream Chemical Injector $15

7.One Turbo Nozzle $758. 12” Telescoping Wand $125 Of no use to a contractor whatsoever

That's around 6K of equipment for 12K. I'd keep shopping. Craigs list if you want to go used.

Edited by offduty

offduty,

At first I was not going to say anything. However,

1 - 20 hp honda's are crap? why?

2 - I am no fan of telescopic wands... but i found it funny on your companies website two of your home page pictures are of a guy using a telescopic wand..

Mark, William loves Kohlers. He puts 1000's of hours on machines every year, so he's just expressing his view on equipment.

I disagree on the Honda issue from my experience, but I don't put near the hours on equipment as William.

William didn't put his website together, that pic looks snagged from Northern Tools, I can tell that he doesn't use "Yellow Noodles"

Thanks Guy. My kid brother did my website as a college project about three years ago. If you have looked at it in the past year you have been to it more than I have:) I am a firm believer in no website. As to the Honda. The cc of a 16hp Briggs and a 20hp Honda are almost indentical. You can gain more hp by adjusting fuel and intake. Just like a NASCAR engine turns 750hp while my truck has maybe 200. Same engines more or less. The Honda runs at 100% capacity to make 20 hp. The briggs makes 16 hp while using about 80% of it's capacity. Which do you think will last longer. 13 hp Honda is the best small engine on the planet, bar none. After that they are garbage. I have seen Hondas with bent push rods and all manner of wear with less than 2000 hours. My Landa guy probably pays his mortage each month repairing them. I have Kohlers with 5000 hours that have had no maintenace other than weekly oil changes. Just my opinions. I don't pay for you equipment, you do. If youare happy with what you got and it makes you money, more power to you. Guy, email is coming to you with address for the two houses in Fayettnam.

Edited by offduty