Sign in to follow this  
Shawn F.

JoMax from Lowes

Has anyone here used this product from Lowes or Home Depot called JoMax? It supposedly cleans and kills mold and dirt on house sidings such as vinyl. A friend of mine wants me to pressure wash his house so I am looking for a good vinyl siding cleaner for homes that works great and will not harm plants. I also found that Northern Tool sells some Home degreasers/detergents as well.

Thanks for any info here!

We used it the first housewash we ever did :) No complaints but we've also since tried and stayed with products from our preferred distributors. You have Cleaning Systems of the Carolinas right there in Charlotte - have you checked with Jeff?

Has anyone here used this product from Lowes or Home Depot called JoMax? It supposedly cleans and kills mold and dirt on house sidings such as vinyl. A friend of mine wants me to pressure wash his house so I am looking for a good vinyl siding cleaner for homes that works great and will not harm plants. I also found that Northern Tool sells some Home degreasers/detergents as well.

Thanks for any info here!

Jomax ( IMO ) is next to crap. Way too slow. Use 12% SH from your local distributor, and a soap mix. It will serve you much quicker. Also, pretty much anything you use incorrectly will harm plants. Pre- rinse, rinse during, and rinse after and the plants will be fine.

Please go to your settings in your profile and complete your signature line. House Rules !!!

Welcome to TGS.

Edited by Adrian

CarolinaProWash,

I am new to the pressure washing scene. I do automotive detailing for high end exotics and hot rods and had a few guys ask about pressure washing their homes. I used to turn it down but now that work is slowing down I would like to pick up some pressure washing jobs. I will check out that company you are speaking of in Charlotte.

As for my signature, what do I need to put in there? I do not have a company name for pressure washing or website yet so not sure what to put.

Thanks!

There are a lot of great threads and posts with information on washing houses, do a search and spend some time reading the older information, it will save you a lot of time and headaches and money by not using junk like the jomax stuff or anything else from the local stores. If you are a professional, use professional grade products and get professional results. Use local store stuff and get the typical results that are not good and will make you look like a hack, it is up to you. Do the reading and if you need help just ask. The info is there, question is.....do you want to learn or just want it handed to you? If you want to learn, spend the time reading and it will more than pay for itself. Most of the people here did time reading, learning and teaching others how to do things and expect you to do the same, it is only fair. When you need help, just ask.

I'f I remember the label correctly ( like with most of the over-counter house washes), it encourages you to add bleach....why not just wash it like I do, begin with the bleach and then put in the additives. Nothing beats the cleaning power of chlorine, when it comes to algae, mold & mildew!!!! Plus, its MUCH cheaper