Sign in to follow this  
Aqua Pro

Recrete question

Question

Hi all, Gearing up for another year of restoration services. Phone has been ringing which is GREAT!

I am putting together a bid for a 7,000 Sq. Ft. warehouse that was being used by a trucking firm and they have really abused the floor. The floor is saturated with oil/grease. The company employees made a go at cleaning but ended up leaving zebra stripes and chicken tracks all over the place. The customer is debating on whether he wants me to reclean it or etch it and put down a coating (in which case I need to clean it anyway)

I understand that there will be severe shadows left even after cleaning due to the amount of soil and the years of neglect.

My question is about recrete. Has anyone used it? What were your results? Should I recrete and then clean or vise verse?

The landlord from what I understand is extremely picky and wants the floor to "look like new"...yeah right!

Your thoughts?

5 answers to this question

The landlord can be as picky as he wants to be. Sometimes there will still be shadows of the past on that concrete especially if it was not well maintained in the first place.

Did you take any pics to show us?

Sometimes a good hydrox bath spitshined with ox does a nice job on the flatwork. Just keep it out of the drains unless the company has a trap already in place.

But, if the place has been saturated in the oil, then there is likely to be shadows.

just my .03 ( adjusted for inflation)

no, no pics..I stopped by "out of the blue" and wasnt prepared to take pics. It Is a worst case scenario. There are multiple areas that are pure black. There is no doubt in my mind that there will be shadowing. Thats par for the course. My question is on recrete specifically. How good of a job does it do? And should I wash fiirst then recrete or vise verse?

PS- what is "ox?" is that a brand name or are you talking about oxygenated bleach?

oxalic acid. It's a neutralizer and brightener. Works great on concrete. Keep in mind if you ox any of it, you should ox all of it. Because spot oxing will leave brighter, whiter areas that stand out against areas that were not ox'd. If you decide to go in that direction that is.

I am interested in what the recrete will do as well. I'll keep an eye on this thread.

I have used ReKrete with excellent results when used as directed. If the floor is smooth concrete, I'm not sure it would work, but for "normal" concrete, its an excellent option. A few years ago, I was called in as the 3rd or 4th contractor to attempt to clean a 30' by 6' to 2' oil slick from a blown engine. A contractor kept driving even after the he blew the engine. ReKrete made the old concrete sections match a newer section and the stain is just slightly visible 2 years later. Customer is VERY pleased - especially since the homeowner wanted a new driveway. The homeowner even had me come back and ReKrete the rest of the drive. The drive is on the oceanfront, so it gets a lot of weather. I saw it recently, and it still looks great. Do a search and you should find some before/after and 1 year later pics.

John,

I believe we spoke several years ago regarding ReKrete. I represented ReKrete for a company in Willliamsburg, VA which closed (the owner had other interests). Since then, I've been distributing ReKrete through my company; Enterprise Supply. If you or anyone is looking for a ReKrete source, please visit my web site. I'd love to hear from you.

Walter Brown

Enterprise Supply

Chesapeake, Virginia

www.enterprisesupply.com

wbrown@enterprisesupply.com