Sign in to follow this  
FleurDeLawns

Couple of general newbie questions

I have used the search and couldnt find anything useful for these two questions and I'd greatly appreciate some help!

1) What type of goggles do you guys use when using chems? Do you use some kind of splash guard that protects your face also? I bought the best pair of goggles I could find which claimed to be anti-fog, but they fog within a couple of minutes of use. Im constantly having to pull them off and wipe them clean. I eventually get fed up with it and pull them off. Ive had to make a trip to the e.r. for chemical burns in my eye before (non-washing related) and would really like to avoid that from happening again.

2) Is there a decent general cleaning solution that can used for a variety of things, i.e. brick, painted wood, siding, concrete? I don't do nearly enough washing to justify buying several expensive detergents that will loose its potentcy before I've used even half of it. The local dealer sold me Hotsy's Ripper I but, either he told me the wrong ratio to use or that stuff was a waste of money.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post.

Not sure on the goggles. Simple cherry from Pressure Tek is really good stuff for most types of siding and about anything else. I've heard some good things about Cleansol BC from Eacochem. Have some in my garage but haven't tried it yet. You can usually find a good general degreaser at your local pw shop. F8 or oxalic for rust removal or concrete brightening. Thats my 2 cents Im sure others will chime in with more and probably better ideas..haha

Thanks for the replies! I've tried some good safety glasses but, i'm still getting misting and splash back around the top and sides of them and thats just not safe enough for me. A trip to the emergency room is quite expensive. I may order some simple cherry and try it out. Thanks again