Sign in to follow this  
Optix1

New Kid on the BLock

First I want to thank everyone in advanced for the help and patience you all have with dealing with the green horns like me. I am considering getting on the pressure business, I have been reading quite a bit here and have seen the required budgets and have more or less some realistic goals and expectations.

I guess I want some help with regards to building a rig, I am considering starting with a couple guys; one will be a automobile detailing group and one for residential and commercial pressure cleaning jobs. As such I wanted to start with two rigs, one small fur just the detail jobs and one with all the equipment to do just about any job.

Do most of you build your own rigs? Are there any reputable dealers that sell whole set ups? If I was to build my own set up, what are the preferred brands for the pressure washer and the needed components.

I know that I am asking allot of broad questions, I will be reading more on the forum and ask more specific ones as I learn more. Just wanted to get the ball rolling and get some general ideas on where I need to focus my attention.

Thanks

Welcome to TGS. Please go to your settings in your profile and complete your signature line. House rules.

You will get alot more responses when we know who we are talking to.

Again welcome to TGS. Good luck with your business.

Unless you lack any mechanical inclination, most guys like to tinker and build their rig to suit what they are going to be doing.

Problem is, it's hard to figure that out until you have been out working and evaluate each set up you use.

Most start out with what is necessary but the configurations will change as they learn what they need from a rig.

Heres the TGS photo gallery of what others have done...

http://www.thegrimescene.com/gallery/browseimages.php?c=11

Rod!~

Edited by Beth n Rod