Sign in to follow this  

Hey,

Wash wondering you who guys would recomend to get a trailer ring from. I was thinking 5.5 gpm 3500psi, and going to be using it mostly for house wash and deck restoration. Probably 250' of house. I like the trailers at powerline industries, their 12K one, but i dont like the fact that their skids are not even 5.5 gpm. I like the pressure pro 615pro 20g model for a skid. I'm also a big fan of that alkota trailer as well.

Let me know what you think...

Thanks, JL

post-5574-137772317273_thumb.jpg

post-5574-137772317279_thumb.jpg

post-5574-137772317282_thumb.jpg

Joe, look at the Allison stuff a little closer. Good equipment, and service too. The Pressure Pro skids use Alkota coils, and I've had real good luck with them. All of the ones you posted pics of, and the Allison skids, are good equipment.

Joe, you'll get many opinions on GPM, and most will say more is better. I use 5.5gpms on 4 of our skids and 4gpm on two others. It is basically a must for my rigs because of water supply issues running multiple units on the same supply tank. I'll tell you honestly that the 3.5 gpm with a 13 hp Honda portable unit, worked very well for house washing and deck cleaning. I still have that original washer, and it still makes me money DAILY. I wouldn't worry about high GPM unless you're doing large commercial accounts (although, I do large commercial all the time with my 5.5's). Ask Ron or Russ what they're running...

Yea i'm still not sure what i want to do. I feel if i get the trailer i will be done with that and can grow into it. The portable is nice for me as well but the hoses are a pain and im kinda sick of loading and unloading all the crap. The trailer would be nice for a large buffer tank and chem tank, will have hose reels and 5.2-5.5 gpm. get some 30 or 40 tips with 250-300' of hose with the 1.8 chem injector and it will be a fun rig to run.

I might build a trailer for a discount or buy the professionally built one. We will see if the calls keep coming. I will start advertising in a couple weeks here.

I would urge you to call Bob at pressuretek.com, or Russ at Southside-equipment.com, Paul at Envirospec.com, and other vendors of this board to get more bang for your buck. If you can handle a drill, have a hand to put a tank on a trailer and if you have a welder you'll even be better off but the welding is not a necessity. I think you can come up with a much better product than the powerline units for far less $$$ and since your not already operating then you can spend that extra time to put it together.

At the least go to the local pawn shops and get a 4 gallon per minute cold water machine, get yourself a ds nozzle and a couple hundred ft of hose and get to washing some houses or something like that to begin generating some income

I kinda have already have that stuff and would have that trailer paid in full in about another month or two...I wouldn't be suprised if i cleared 30-40K this summer. Already did about $7600 without advertising and I'm still in school for another 3 weeks. I just want a setup that is ready to go, works great, has a warranty, and looks like a million bucks.

Will also be looking at some LTZ crew cab silverado's (in black) in the next couple weeks.

I agree that trailer is super expensive and i could build a trailer myself for about 3/4 the cost, but i would like to have a professionally built trailer first and then maybe build another one (enclosed trailer) if i need another one...I just wish the trailer on that powerine was 2ft longer so i could strap the deckster to the back

if your still in high school or college for that matter I will state this one more time for you as coming from experience. Don't purchase alot of equipment that looks nice just to have nice stuff. If your actually using it she will look like a french brothel's lady underarm in a few weeks hopefully so looks are not near important. Get functional, and don't go into lots of debt to get the equipment. If I purchase one machine I expect that unit to produce 200k for me. I put rigs together for less than 8k most of the time and are fully functional with better equipment then your looking at. If I had 12k in a unit It better make me 275 or more a year to be worth the extra expense. Forget financing the truck as well, get a beater and pay cash for the new one in a few months after you get going