Sign in to follow this  
alphaomegapw

House Wash

Question

I am currently only doing fleet work but looking to expand to house, decks etc.

I am wondering if anyone has used the Simple Green Vinyl House wash designed specifically for pressure washing?http://industrial.simplegreen.com/ind_products_pwc_house.php

If so, is it any good or junk? Or should a 6 or 12% bleach be added.

I have an x-jet and will be using that.

Edited by alphaomegapw

5 answers to this question

Haven't tried it.

Most use their own housewash mix according to whatever strength is needed for each particular house. Mainly consist' of 12% SH water , and simple cherry, soap etc. as an additive or surfactant for cling on vertical surfaces.

While you are here, please go to your "settings" and complete your signature line.

It's required.

Welcome to TGS.

I was a little concerned using bleach but I guess its common practice. I just wasnt sure if it would effect plants, trees, shrubs, grass etc. And didnt know if it would actually bleach anything on the house. My only experience with bleach is in the washing machine. I would love to get a few quick pointers from anyone who has a couple minutes of time.

Thanks

Common practice for resi washes is to pre wet all of the grass and plants that are near the area to be washed.

Keep it wet DURING the resi wash process. Then post rinse everything one more time. Then rinse everything again if you feel downright unsure of the previous rinses.

Also include the trees that are higher up near the resi.

If there are neighbors resi that is close to your cleaning area, .... rinse theirs as well to avoid a negative phone call later.

The 12% Sodium Hypochlorite can and will cause damage to and KILL landscaping when used incorrectly. Practice on your own property first,..... especially when you get your x-jet, or Downstreaming setup.

That's all the free help you get from me until I ( and all of us here at TGS) know who you are.

So.......

While you are here, please go to your "settings" and complete your signature line.

It's required.

Welcome to TGS.

House Rules!!!!!!

Thanks for the help guys. I am definitely making my house the first one I do. I have cedar shingles.

Would a mix of 6% Bleach and some Simple Cherry do? or do I need some type of wood brightener. Also, I have been reading alot about "softwashing" residential homes. What type of psi would I want to be at for cedar shingles?

I will post some befor and after once I get the right mix.