Sign in to follow this  
c4org

whats the trick to cleaning aluminum trim

Question

pressure washing it doesnt work and i use simply cherry and 12.5% .. black spots dont come off unless i hand wash it... is that the only way? and if i get gutter grenade from pressure tek will i still have to hand wash the black streaks off the gutters

6 answers to this question

pressure washing it doesnt work and i use simply cherry and 12.5% .. black spots dont come off unless i hand wash it... is that the only way? and if i get gutter grenade from pressure tek will i still have to hand wash the black streaks off the gutters

I have never had to handwash gutters using gutter grenade. Are you mixing it strong enough? I just put mine in a pump sprayer for most jobs. For the really nasty ones I brush it on.

I assume you're referring to the usual metal wrap on homes? Eaves, fascia, etc.? I wash (downstream) these every day with 12.5 and S.C. If they are not coming clean, either your 12.5 isn't or you're diluting it too much.

I assume you're referring to the usual metal wrap on homes? Eaves, fascia, etc.? I wash (downstream) these every day with 12.5 and S.C. If they are not coming clean, either your 12.5 isn't or you're diluting it too much.

make your mix stronger

Agree with John and Lonnie. Your mix is too weak.

Hey, Lonnie- would you go ahead and complete your signature? Thanks!