Sign in to follow this  
eric

long enough hoses

Question

At some point, I am going to be on a job and the hosue will have only one spigot. What size & type hoses do you guys use to get around this ?

Should I build a water tank to fill and then pull water from??

9 answers to this question

At some point, I am going to be on a job and the hosue will have only one spigot. What size & type hoses do you guys use to get around this ?

Should I build a water tank to fill and then pull water from??

Is your machine trailer mounted, or do you drag it around behind you? Either way, keeping a couple hundred feet of supply hose and a couple hundred feet (at least) of pressure hose should keep you from having any problems with most residential jobs. I have 300' of supply hose and 350' of pressure hose on the trailer, and have run into jobs where I've needed every bit of both. I'm planning to add another 200' of pressure hose soon.

I have 275 feet of pressure hose and 160 in supply, plus two other 50's of pressure that I can hook on if I need them. So far I have not needed more than 275 for any residential work. I have a trailer mounted hydrotech with a tank. Nick

Hey Don, how did you afford all that cool stuff? I don't charge enough...

Check this out.. lol

1993 Chevy 1500 w/camper

5x8 trailer with 5gpm 3000 psi 16hp hot hydrotek

4 gpm 3500 psi roll around unit

tons of other little stuff, chemical sprayers, airless

my list shudders in comparison!

However, I'm 22 with a business degree and working summers up to now, so I've still got time.

Running 2 business's and working a full time job for the last 4yrs. I'm lucky enough to have a partner ( brother and sister-n-law ) and a wife that supports me all the way.

I'll work full time till next march ( as an aircraft inspector ) and then run the biz's full time. 6mo. left on the dump and everything will be paid off. Its been a pain in the @ss and a ton of work but its starting to pay off. I'm 36 now and looking for an early retirement. ( 10 yrs max ) This is our other business. www.getinflated.com If you think PWing spendy you dont even what to know about this stuff.

Mike, thanks for pointing out that spelling error. We have 6 new pieces that have not been added to the site yet. There is a HUGH demand for party rental equipment everywhere from $120 b-day partys to $10,000 Corp.partys. We started in 2000 with 4 inflatables and have grown to the 2nd largest in Minnesota.

Key is to be a one stop shop. ( we still have a ways to go ) Thanks for the heads up on the website.