Sign in to follow this  
offduty

c

Over the years I have glued carpet to shoes, dipped them in epoxy and dipped them in sand and just about everything under the sun. We clean thousands of gutters each year and I have been looking for something to keep us on the roofs and off the ladders on pitches over about 6/12. I bought some roof climbing slip on things from Envirospec last year and broke three ribs within the first 20 minutes I had them on. Jeff L turned me on to Cougar Paws a couple off weeks ago. I have since bought 4 pairs of boots. They are absolutely incredible. Only thing is, they are a little heavy. I called the company, got the owner and now have a free pair of prototype tennis shoes with the same replaceable bottom. They are insane. You can walk any roof out there. He said he may sell the prototype if there is enough interest. Check them out. When I find a company that is great, I want them to do well.

CougarPaws

We rarely have the need to work on roofs but in the past I have heard of these shoes.

Kept them in mind in case we should ever need to do prolonged work in addition to roof harnessing.

Rod!~