Sign in to follow this  
John Doherty

Burner Insulation

Second time for this issue, 09/03 and this week. The insulation around my burner coil seems to settle towards the bottom over time. This causes the burner to overheat, last yr it melted my float tank!

I let the shop handle this one; I stopped by while they were putting the burner coil back in yesterday, 4 guys and the forklift! What a nightmare, and the labor is a killer.

Anyone have any thoughts on preventing this, better suspension on the trailer, etc. The unit is a Landa 5/3500, trailer mount.

Year to date I have 11,000 miles on the trailer, 400 hrs on the unit. I hate the downtime, let alone the cost!!

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks,

JD

I had the same problem with my Hydrotek's horizontal cylindrical burner tube. On one end, the insulation came down and cause me the same problems you experienced. My stainless is brown now from the excess fuel that kept burning. The shop fixed mine correctly because Hydrotek had a remedy of a metal grate that once installed, kept the insulation from ever coming down. They had it standard on their new models, but not mine. It could be something for you to ask Landa or your shop about. Mine is supposedly fixed for good, knock on some wood. Nick