Sign in to follow this  
Tonyg

Deckster/Pumptec problem

Question

I am having a problem with my pump -

Symptoms:

- it is not getting enough pressure through the line

- has ample flow and pressure through the relief line back in the bucket

- the pressure will slowly build to where after 5 min the 3/8 hose is swelled to almost half in size and leaking

- Once trigger is pulled the pressure dwindles and I can spray about 15sf until a trickle again

- pressure Gage is bouncing rapidly by about 25psi and almost can't even get an approx psi reading. The pressure cannot be adjusted

I did a deck about a week ago when I first noticed it having a problem. Started off having a problem with pressure but then quickly went back to normal. About half way through neutralizing I had to go to the trailer for more ox. I did leave it running and came back within about 5min. I added the new acid and grabbed the gun to start spraying when the line blew out on me. I didn't realize the hose was swelled and thought it was a weak spot.

Any ideas? I will be calling Sunbrite Tues as well.

3 answers to this question

Check the "check valves" on the hose couplers and at the pump connection.

They could be corroded and need replacing.

Getting themselves stuck open or closed "could" be the ploblem and a relatively quick fix w/new couplers w/check valves.

I replaced all of mine after several yrs. and it is amazing how it runs when the flow rate is correct.

If not, then it sounds like it may be time to rebuild the fittings in your pump after all the caustics and brighteners and stain.

Not that hard to do. Tracy will set you straight at Sunbrite.

The QC check valve is leaking. I will take it off tomorrow. The Deckster is only a year old or so and gets nowhere close to the amount of use you guys are putting on them. I did take it apart to clean and check the valve and seals and everything seemed to be clear of obstruction.

Some sealers will leave a residue that over time will eventually break loose and form a clump.

This is clogging one of the check valves.

Take the unit apart making note of the direction each check valve sits in its seat as you do. ('X' side up, 'O' side down) Place them accordingly in the same pattern aside as you flush the manifold and pump body.

Clean the in line filter screen (but don't lose the O'ring).

Replace the 3/8 hose that is bulging, this is an indicator it is about to fail.

If this does not eliminate the problem, replace the seals (1 set each side of the piston).

Rod!~