Sign in to follow this  
Rick2

People you meet

Question

Got done washing a nice home in a nice area and the owner invited me in while she wrote the check. While waiting her dog jupmed up on me a little. She said "Shelby, down boy." I told the dog "A famous auto designer shares you name." That's when she told me her late husband and Carol were good friends and that's whom she named the dog for. You never know who you meet.

Anyone out here ever meet anyone famous?

2 answers to this question

Met the former disgraced President, Richard Nixon, at a NJ State gov't function many years ago. He was a bit of a dud and unimpressive.

Abbie Hoffman showed up at a birthday party we were having for my wife at a friends house. He was moderately drunk and thoroughly stoned.

Same type of deal. I got done washing a house and the woman said do you like football? I said yes and she took be down to her basement there was a shrine to football. Come to find out her husband was an assistant coach with Tom Coughlin at Boston College during the Flutie days and then at Jacksonville. He was also a coach at Pitt, Tufts, Chicago Bears, the list went on and on. Her son was also a coach for the San Diego Chargers and is currently the offense coordinator for the Superbowl Champion New Orlean Saints. It's funny every time I tell this story I get a new volunteer who wants to help me wash that house!