Sign in to follow this  
Lou Beach

I have a question about a Maryland based Pressure Wash Builder

Hi,

I am getting serious about buying a rig and was given a referal to Tim at Absolute Pressure Wash in Odenton MD.

The referer is very familiar with the pressure wash industry and spoke highly of Absolute Pressure.

I would like to get additional references on this company before I consider purchasing a rig from them.

You can email me Lojobe@hotmail.com if you like or post any comments here.

My understanding is that Tim builds outfitted power wash trailers and does it well.

Comments appreciated.

Just getting a rererral is not enough.

You need to know what brand and axle weight GVW the trailer is.

What brand skid, size water tanks, PSI/GPM of skid, pump brand and much much more.

Now another option is to buy someone that is selling their rig and getting out for whatever reason, usually you can buy at less then half price and always insist on them taking it to a shop of your chosing for a check over at your expense before buying.

Trailer should have electric brakes, better then surge brakes.

Is it a home made trailer or brand name?

I could go on and on but I have seen you around before so will assume you know the drill.

Yes Beth, they are Alladin systems. This guy builds the trailers from scratch with reinforced steel trailers, 3,500 lb each double axle, electric breaks, and reinforced steel floors. They are rated to haul 8,000 pounds. He offers a two year warranty on the product and will provide a loaner trailer if he cannot repair the trailer within 48 hours if something does happen. He has been in business 20 years building these trailers.

They are hot water systems, electric start, 18hp Vanguard engines, 200 degree adjustable heaters, 3500 psi, 4.8 GPM, General pump, hose reel, wands and tips, 300 gallon water tank and a whole host of options included in the price of 10,700.00 .

Jon,

I would be interested in a used powerwash setup if I was convinced I was buying a quality setup and not someones problems. I will be looking at purchasing a used unit as one of the options available when I take the plunge.

No website, I have talked to the gentlemen and asked him why no webpage and he just has no interest in a web presence.

He said he prefers word of mouth referals. Just as info, and I hope I am not stepping on Beth's toes, and please let me know if I am, but I have gotten some PM's on the company and they have been positive.

I have to say though, I have seen some used rigs on EBay that look darn good for around 4-6 grand.

Something tells me I know who this builder is and that he has posted here before yet no one mentions any names.

How about Emailing it to me someone?

Lou

Beth

Anyone?

In response to a couple of posts.

I have decided to go with HOTSHOTCLEAN as the company name, HOTSHOT, for short version. I have a whole concept that I plan to use with this name, including a consistent color scheme of red, silver and black, a logo that I have put a lot of thought into, a webpage and the consistent use of these colors and logo on all company advertising, displays, business cards, truck, estimates, ect. My goal is to present a professional image to potential clients.

In regard to Absolute Pressure equipment, the guy that builds the rigs uses Aaladdin machines. The trailers are built by Bartley trailers. They are 100 percent steel trailers, dual axle with electric breaks. I was told by Tim at Absolute that the trailers and the Aaladdin machines are built to his specs that he has developed over the years.

I have spoken to only two people familiar with this company (I thought I would get more responses), the original referal, Juan from Jiffy Hitch and Trailer up here in Baltimore and a guy that posts on this board who has a rig from Absolute. They both praise the quality of the product and the service provided.

I am still up in the air as to whether I will buy a rig from Absolute or find a good deal on a used rig via Ebay or from networking on here.

Decisions, decisions!

Lou think about buying a slightly used rig till your up and running and in need of a larger one or more equimpment.

The savings will give you more money for other things.

Again depending on the condition of the used rig and hours on it, also have a dealer check it out, worth the few dollars they charge, like buying a used car, you would not just buy it till your mechanic checks it over and says it is ok or it needs things done.

If you were stepping on Beths toe's she will let you know, trust me.

Thanks Jon,

Where, in your opinion, is the best place to buy a used rig?

Part of the problem I see is that most rigs for sale are nowhere near where I live, so how can I get them checkout out before I buy?

Would you recommend buying only local used rigs?

Thoughts appreciated on used rigs

Lou,

Depending on when you are planning on getting started there will be a lot of used rigs for sale shortly. This always happens at the end of the season and before the holidays. You can usually get great deals. I do not know if you have any trade papers down there. Here we have "Trad'in Times" and they usually show up there.

Thanks Everett,

I was thinking that the end of the warm weather season on the East Coast may produce some good deals on a rig, so I will be looking.

We have a Pennysaver locally here and I will checking out these boards and Ebay for a good rig or I may just buy a new one, depending on whats available in the used department.

I agree on the used rig thing...Of course, it depends on how much start-up money you have to work with. In addition to the rig, you'll need more pressure hose, supply hose, extra wands, tips, chems, tools like an xjet, extension wand, ladders, spare parts (even if the machine is under warranty, it is worth the cost of smaller spare parts to keep you up and running), and many other things I've likely left out. Then there's all the expense related to advertising like business cards, any professionally printed material, newspaper ads, phone book ads, etc etc etc.

I bought my rig slightly used (145 hours on the machine, and the trailer probably had less than 5000 miles on it) at the end of 2002, and saved around $5k over putting the same rig together new. The other benefit to buying a slightly used rig is that you often get many accessories with it. Mine came with ladders, an Xjet, quite a bit of chems, a lot of spares, tools, extra hoses, tool boxes, etc. It was basically ready to go wash something. Granted, I've spent a good bit of time since then modifying the setup to get it the way I want it, but it was well worth the money I spent.

The other thing I don't like is the lower gpm on this machine. I'd go with at least a 5.6gpm machine. I realize that's only .8gpm more, but that does make a difference.

I drove from Florida to Indiana to get my trailer...It was a couple days well spent.