Sign in to follow this  
Birdie0067

Pricing a kids wooden swingset

Question

I have searched and searched and cannot find the info I need. I have a kids wooden swing set to do. Not very large. 3 swings, "tree house" with attached slide and climbing wall and a small picnic table on the end. I have done plenty of decks in my spare time, but no swing sets. Any help with pricing is greatly appreciated. I will be stripping what is left of the stain and re-staining. I am going to try to get the owner to buy their own stain. It is my friends swing set. They just want it looking uniform in color instead of bad stain/bare wood. Thanks in advance for your help.

Brent

5 answers to this question

For what its worth, playsets are a huge pain...charge accordingly. I've tried spraying but now we brush them all. All the little hardware and plastic has to be either taped off or wiped with mineral spirits afterward. If it has a roof...climbing in there (i'm 6'2") is "fun". Also they furr up pretty bad if you have to strip it...you usually have to sand.

We are between 3 and 5 hundred for playsets like the ones below. Occasionally they are tossed in for free as part of a large job (deck and fence combo).

post-2382-137772335956_thumb.jpg

post-2382-137772335942_thumb.jpg

post-2382-13777233595_thumb.jpg

Charlie is dead on in pricing, but only in conjunction with a deck job. Hate the things and we ALWAYS charge, no matter how large the deck. They are a laborious PITA.

post-4622-137772336269_thumb.jpg

i charged about 850 for this one and i felt under paid. They really are a pita. I had to do some wood replacement and since they are non standard sized boards there was some routing to do. I did charge a decent amount for that thank goodness.

post-4622-137772336263_thumb.jpg