Sign in to follow this  
Adrian

You know I read it in a magazayyyyine oh ooooooo.

Question

Pretty cool article Jul/Aug in "Painting and Wallcovering Contractor" magazine.

There is also a sub article within the main article.

The article's are about wood species/ cleaning/ restoration.

Our beloved

Rick P.

Jim F.

Steve C.

and even me. ;) , are featured in the articles. pg.22-25

( I tried to talk about guitars and Cindy Crawford, but they wouldn't have it )

It is a great article......... and a real honor (in my world)to be mentioned along side of you guys.

Painting and Wallcovering Contractor Magazine - PWC

(not sure if they have Aug posted yet)

4 answers to this question

Adrian,

I never spoke or submitted anything to this publication. What did they do, plagiarize from a Cleaner Times article a few years back? Or pull thread posts from The Grime Scene?

Beth & Rod, call your lawyer!

Whoa , Didn't mean to cause a stir.

At the end of the article it says " Adapted with permission from Cleaner Times" Vol. 20 No. 5.

Plus there were my contributions as I have no association with CT. and never did an article with them.

So it must have been from your previous article. But it says " with permission" from CT.

I will let you guys deal with legalities involved, if any.

Personally I think it's cool to have my company name in a national mag. Your's too.

The info from everyone was professional and very helpful to any "Painter" trying to learn wood resto.

I thought maybe they approached you guys as they did me.

Brett called and asked if he could send me an interview for his magazine, and, I said, sure man.

Free company exposure, sure, why not. Shameless self promotion, sure , why not.

Free ninety free. I'll take the plug.

My info , that I shared was pretty much what I picked up from you guys and Shane along the way.

Can't go wrong with that info over the years.

I liked the article. It made everyone look really good, knowledgable, and professional for our industry.

A good representation.

Edited by Adrian
Potter escaped.

Adrian,

Thats it. Cleaner Times did an article a few years back on Exotic Woods with Jim Foley and I featured. The "get your lawyer" statement was a wisecrack, just kidding around.

Vanna White reportedly said, "Any press is good press", though I think she stole that line from Eric Heiden. Regardless, it is somewhat true. Maybe I'll get some referrals from some high end painters!

Adrian,

Thats it. Cleaner Times did an article a few years back on Exotic Woods with Jim Foley and I featured. The "get your lawyer" statement was a wisecrack, just kidding around.

Vanna White reportedly said, "Any press is good press", though I think she stole that line from Eric Heiden. Regardless, it is somewhat true. Maybe I'll get some referrals from some high end painters!

Well, I couldn't speak for those boys on the other side of the tracks but us low end painters will gladly send some referrals to ya :)