Sign in to follow this  
EmpirePW

Surface cleaner questions

I have a question about a surface cleaner I recently purchased that I am having problems with. I have a 16 inch Steel Eagle little floater surface cleaner that I run with a 3700 psi/4 gpm unit. I adjust my psi down to a little under 3000 when using it it though. Should I have my tips at a 90 degree angle with the rotating arms in order to make the unit "float" or should I have them at a slight angle in order to help the rotation? if I have them at 90 degrees it doesn't rotate very well and if I have them at any angle it doesn't float and the skirt drags on the ground, spins the casing, and makes it come loose. What should I do?

Tighten the unit so that it does not spin. I had that problem with my 12" Little Floater. How did you adjust the psi down? You should have replaced the tips and not be using the unloader, as this will also decrease gpm. The adjustment of the unloader will only make you work slower.

Do you remember what the angle was when you got it? That is where it should be as 90° is too much.

How about a picture.

I will do some adjusting of the angle when I am free on friday and see what I can come up with. I will also look into getting a couple 2.5 tips for it to make it run at about 2500 psi. Alan, I am assuming your floater is pretty much the same as mine with the large thin nuts on either side of the casing. I have tightened those best I can but with the skirt dragging one of them always spins loose. Is there anything you can recommend to keep them in one place?

The only difference between the 12" and 16" is the size. I turn the dome by hand until it tightens up and i also drag one side of the floater on the ground to keep the water blowing out and not going under doors.

I use a 3000 psi & 4pm machine and that thing will float 4 feet off the ground with just one hand pulling the trigger.