Sign in to follow this  
Chad16

Barter Company

Question

4 answers to this question

Ive had them call me a few times. I might be missing something but I want paid. Unless my chemical company or another major supplier was interested in it I wouldnt see any benefit and even then Id just as soon me pay them and they pay me.

I looked athe company and it looks like they could rip you off if you don't watch your account.

In the legal section it reads almost like a credit card. If you balnce it negative a the end of 30 days they charge you 19.5% intrest, over draft fee and so on. Doesn't look very good.

I don't use a barter company, but I will barter services. It's a win-win for both of us. I'm in some networking groups and will barter with members I know and trust.

We were contacted by a restaurant that wanted to use a organzied barter service for hood cleaning. the barter company is basicly a credit card that charges a fee (4%) for the barter to start then you can barter among the members. The first 6 months was free then there was a fee after that. The problems were:

The barter network did not have services we could really use

The Barter value is based on what other companies need there was alot of use for what we did but I did not need cake decorating, condo rentals in Atlantic City NJ or free towing within 100 miles of DC.

The killer is taxes you must pay full taxes on the assesed value of your work no matter what at the end of the year for services you may or may not of gotten your value from.

Not worth it in my book

A face to face barter works much better