Sign in to follow this  
Rick2

Odd customer

Question

I get a phone call at a job site today by someone that wants a bid on their house. They are calling from work so they want me to call back with a price; no porblem. They are getting ready to sell the house and want to have it looking nice. They give me an address to an upscale housing development and I find their house. While walking around the house the "nosey neighbor" greets me and tells me they are selling the house for 560,000 dollars. It's an easy wash so I call back with a price of 375 dollars. The HO tells me he can't afford that much and could he just have "a hundred dollars worth please?" I tell him I can only do one side for that price. He tells me "That's fine, go ahead." Is that weird or what?

4 answers to this question

Some people are "house poor"! They bought more than they can afford so while it looks like they have money, they really don't in some cases.

I have gone to some houses with fancy cars in the front and the rooms inside are still bare except for the kitchen and maybe the family room.

Not all is as it seems at times.

Rod!~

The question I have, is did you get paid? I hope so!!!

Beth :cup: :banana:

I haven't done it yet. Tomorrow I have a roof about 1 mile away from that house so I'll get it then.

Some people are "house poor"! They bought more than they can afford so while it looks like they have money, they really don't in some cases.

I have gone to some houses with fancy cars in the front and the rooms inside are still bare except for the kitchen and maybe the family room.

Not all is as it seems at times.

Rod!~

That's a good point, I didn't think of that. On the other hand you have people doing what one of my friends did... keep taking money against the house until it's too late. He ended up losing his house. There is no reason he needed to buy three Harley Davisons and so many other things.