Sign in to follow this  
jgotterb

pool furniture

Question

What chems/soaps are best for pool chairs and patio table unbrellas? I know not to hit them with anything that includes bleach, but what else will clean them? (They are fabric/vinyl/plastic)

14 answers to this question

My mix includes some Dawn and about 1-1.5% sodium Hypochlorite in a 2-gallon pump-up sprayer...There is always mold and some dirt on pool furniture...Never had a bleaching problem with my mix. Hope this helps.

I always use a bleach mix on that and a low pressure spray. Keep the pressure low or else you'll be chasing those chairs all over the backyard. :)

Your really not going to find anything IMO that is going to clean better than a little Bleach and soap. Heck, a lot of people here in Florida actually throw their Pool Patio chairs etc... in the pool for a day or so to keep them clean. Just be carefull and use a Low Pressure Method when Cleaning them up and RINSE WELL!!!

Your really not going to find anything IMO that is going to clean better than a little Bleach and soap. Heck, a lot of people here in Florida actually throw their Pool Patio chairs etc... in the pool for a day or so to keep them clean. Just be carefull and use a Low Pressure Method when Cleaning them up and RINSE WELL!!!

Way too funny, I never heard of anyone throwing the chairs in the pool but I imagine it would work just fine. That cracks me up!

My friend Lindsay lives in Deltona (not Daytona) and says once his gazebo (sp?) lifted off like a Lunar Lander, never to be seen again.

Agreed...if furniture is plastic then throw in pool. If metal then avoid as it will cause rusting and could leave marks on the pools diamond brite etc.

Bleach and soap will do the trick. Low pressure and rinse after.

Simple and worry free.

Thanks for the help guys, I decided to make a very low grade house mix. (In a 5er I mixed 3 qts 6%, a scoup of simple cherry, 2 gals h20 and a good splash of f13.) I turned the pressure WAY down, and took my time with the fabric chairs. It took way longer than I figured but they came out great, the homeowner was very pleased so I guess it was worth it.

I have to tell you we clean almost all outdoor furniture with Chlorine or bleach if you look at the manufacturers cleaning instructions it says use houshold bleach, without the exception of wicker its how we clean.

I have to tell you we clean almost all outdoor furniture with Chlorine or bleach if you look at the manufacturers cleaning instructions it says use houshold bleach, without the exception of wicker its how we clean.

Same here Jason. That reminds me. The next time I Clean Patio furniture I need to take some before and after pictures. It's just something I never think of doing.

Do you guys charge for that? I usually do it for free (if there's not too much). It's a nice little bonus for the customer and it really only takes a few munutes per chair or table.