Sign in to follow this  
Rick2

Right Place, Right Time

Question

So I'm ready to start my day, in the truck ready to pull out the driveway when I remember that I forgot my wallet. I'm unlocking the door to the house when I hear the phone ringing. It's a good thing I answered it (I almost didn't) because it was the Public Housing Authority from the next town over from me looking for some powerwashing. After meeting with them and giving some prices and showing before/after pictures they asked if I'd be willing to take care of all their powerwashing needs. Score! Good thing I forgot my wallet that morning.

4 answers to this question

I don't use my cell too much, I mostly rely on the answering machine in the office but when I see the ratio between the people that called and the ones that actually left a message, I know I'm missing a lot of calls. That really doesn't bother me much because I have more work that I can take on at this moment. The whole season has been like this, too much work. If I had a large crew I could get more done but it's just me and a couple part-timers that I call when I have something large or falling behind on deadlines. With this new contract and the earlier contract (the six nursing homes) and all the regular residentals... I'm all set, starting to turn down work again.

This public housing job is too easy, just vinyl and concrete. Anybody here could do it in their sleep. I have my doubts if it has ever been done before (600+ units located throughout the town) because one resident told me Friday that she had been living in one of the units for 9 years and it has never been done it that time; she was very happy to see my truck roll up. Easy work but a little boring. This is an example of how they look.

post-2213-137772345411_thumb.jpg

post-2213-137772345433_thumb.jpg

post-2213-137772345454_thumb.jpg

post-2213-137772345474_thumb.jpg