Sign in to follow this  
RGilliam

Trailer layout

Okay I'm tryin to figure out the best way to lay everything out on this trailer. I have a 325 gal tank sitting right over the axles, pressure washer toward the front, strorage box, and 2 hose reels on there now. I need to figure out where is the best place to put this 55 gallon tank and this other pressure washer. I'm worried about having to much wieght in the front of the trailer if I put the tank up there. I have a small spot in the back there the tank would fit. The pressure washer is just a 13hp honda cold water unit.

post-5403-137772346561_thumb.jpg

post-5403-137772346423_thumb.jpg

post-5403-137772346459_thumb.jpg

post-5403-137772346493_thumb.jpg

post-5403-137772346527_thumb.jpg

Your first thought should be convenience for workspeed,

so plan for serviceability too,

..and bad days won't be as time consuming.

Belt tenstioning, pump and burner access, .. not just fuel fill access.

Give the engines LOTS of fresh-cool air to breathe,

easy access to oil changes, battery cables and wiring.

Add an apropriate Wash Water Control system. :)

Make sure balance is safe, full as well as empty.

Next, shift accordingly to acommodate your tools, and supplies.

Now start over again to make sure you didn't miss anything,

and about that ReClaim equipment..

Make sure it is a productive part of your marketing program.

Seriously.

Edited by Jerry
terminology

It looks like you have things setup good with the most weight over the axles.

The rings that you are using to secure the ratchet straps to..........Are you using screws into the boards or bolts going through the boards. I can't see too good from the pictures.

Screws can rip out if you stop fast enough and send the tank sliding into other stuff. Those rings do look good and are easy to install.

Jerry has a good point about leaving room around the skid for maintenance/repairs and for air flow, it sucks having to unbolt things or move a lot of things around when you have to work on the machine.

I would put the PWer in front so you can access it easier, since you have it to the side the 55er can be put next to it if there is room. it will also balance that side. Put the box on the tounge and make it fairly easy to remove. you will then have the room behind the skid for misc. items and make the skid easy to get to.

yea I have carrage bolts going threw the D rings. They are pretty secure. I ended up putting the 55 beside the hot water unit. And stuck the cold water unit in the back. I think the weight should be distributed pretty evenly. I hope so anyways. I can still access the skid pretty easy. I've got a good amount of space behind it. Thanks for the input guys.

"carriage-bolts" are only grade 3 in strength..

standard bolts are grade 5

We use grade 8 EXCLUSIVELY on heaters,

Water tanks, pressure washers, and anything else that's heavy.

and.. use big, beefy flat-washers under "wimpy" flooring.. 100gl water weighs "mega-tons" at 50mph at a sudden stop.

D-rings are tough, but use grade 8 bolts for "shear-strenght" you're sure to need, on a "difficult day"

Surveying the aftermath of a water-tank having squished your employee when he slams into the back of a soccer-mom whilst texting his homie,

sounds like a really bad day to me. eh?

Use the BIGGEST bolts that will fit,

spend the extra dollar on grade 8,

and you won't have to blame the dork for killing himself, ..in front of a judge.

The ONLY path to strength, is the ELIMINATION of "weakness"

..Spend wisely. Eh?