Sign in to follow this  
aquadreamin

Burner problems

Hello,

I have just purchased my first pressure washing rig. I got it used and it definitely needs some love but the price was right, so now I own it. I have a few questions. It is a pressure pro model with a burner by beckett. From the research I have done on this site, I have leaned that there are two switches that control the burner. The pressure switch and the temp switch. Unfortunately one of the previous owners has disconnected what I think is the pressure switch. I'm not real sure why this was because I don't know the full history of the machine. The switch is located on the line between the pump and the burner. It has 3 wires coming off it red, brown, and blue. They go to a junction box which contains the gas valve, 12v connections and 2 toggle switches. One of the toggles breaks the connection between 12v + and the gas valve. The other toggle doesn't have any wires attached to it. The 3 wires from the pressure switch are not connected to anything they are just laying loose in the junction box. The junction box also contains the wires from the temp switch which is wired between the gas valve and the igniter. Can anyone tell me the proper wiring info or have a schematic?

Thanks Tom

To be on the safe side Tom, I would contact Pressure Pro directly and have them email you a wiring diagram.

you need to be aware the colors may not be what you have. if the whole switch assembly has been replaced, the colors may have been changed. But, you can trace the wires to the control panel.

get a couple of micro switches. They are easy to change. Remove the small screws, pull hte cover. pull the microw swithc with a pair of needles nose pliers. Change hte wires, one at time. Put the micro switch in place, making sure teh switch fits over the pegs.Put the cover on.

When the changing hte micro switch no longer fixes the problem, replace the whole switch assmebly. the spring, # 7 may break. the shaft # 4 may enlargethe hole in the body # 13. At that point the shaft hangs up and may or may not turn off hte burner or turn on hte burner.

if you have a hi-limit switch, replace both switches at he same time. You make more money getting hte job done than playing mechanic.

i suspect the real problem you have is that the previous owner did not know how to fix his pw, nor did he know of TGS.

Read teh advice of guy B and follow it. You have more problems than the micro-switch. Youhave problems at tehcontrol panel.