Sign in to follow this  
allisonhester

PCC Magazine Poll -- Truck or Trailer Mount

Pressure Cleaning Contractor magazine needs your opinion. We are taking a poll. Trailer mount or truck mount? Give as much information as you like. The purpose is to help each other, sift through all the drawbacks & benefits. We will include your name and company with your response in the magazine. We will compile a detailed list of the pros and cons, so be thorough, specific and have fun. You can list your comments here, PM me, or email me at ssconsulting@live.com.

And if you haven't signed up for the premiere issue, go to our website -- www.stevestephens.biz and sign up!

Thanks guys!

Edited by allisonhester

I have always been a fan of trailers. When I started I had a small 16' open trailer and I used it for about one year and bought a goosneck inclosed trailer, now I have a total of 3 enclosed trailers. Just a few things I like about a trailer over a truck unit is.

1. The trailer can be left at the jobsite if your there for more than 1 day.

2. If something happens to the truck you can hook another truck to the trailer and keep going.

3. You can use the truck for other things when you need to.

4. Everything goes in the trailer leaving no reason for the sides of the truck to be deted or scratched.

5. If your on the job and 1 washer breakes down or you need to run for a part, just unhook and the 2nd person can keep working.

6. Unless the truck has a box, your equipment is in the weather, which may be ok somewhere where it is warm. ( As I type this I have 2 trailers on the road and it is currently 18* with a 30mph wind).

I know that there are cons to pulling trailers too, but this has worked for us. With that being said I am planning to put out first truck only rig on the road this coming year, along with the trailers. We shall see.

I also like the enclosed trailer for those same reasons. I also have my trucked set up to run solo for roofs with the chemical tanks, ladder racks, chemical pumps and hoses. It's also nice to have the truck to tow the boat on weekends and to plow snow with in winter. Oh, dont forget that the trailer is another place to advertise your company.

post-2213-137772360341_thumb.jpg

Pressure Cleaning Contractor magazine needs your opinion. We are taking a poll. Trailer mount or truck mount? Give as much information as you like. The purpose is to help each other, sift through all the drawbacks & benefits. We will include your name and company with your response in the magazine. We will compile a detailed list of the pros and cons, so be thorough, specific and have fun. You can list your comments here, PM me, or email me at ssconsulting@live.com.

And if you haven't signed up for the premiere issue, go to our website -- www.stevestephens.biz and sign up!

Thanks guys!