Sign in to follow this  
Mark Gallison

Tile and Grout cleaning

Question

Looking for info on proprietary equipment for cleaning tile and grout, interior hard surface cleaning. Something with vac system etc.

I would like to add this service to my lineup and looking for info from someone that may be offering that service currently or has done more extensive research into this. . I know I have equipment already that could be retrofitted perhaps to do this work but thought there may be some insight on specialized self contained, portable proprietary equipment for this. Not really interested in cleaning carpet but have had opportunities to clean hard surfaces both from new leads as well as current customers I do other services for.

Is the need really to get the grout back to really clean as well as cleaning the tile face surfaces? I have experimented on a few areas and am finding that grout doesn't come clean that easy unless you want to get down on all fours and scrub with chems. Does the market demand that the grout lines become clean back to "like new" or is it more like getting the dirt and grime up and removing stains and soils from the main tile field itself?

I stumbled across a company called "The Masters Touch" and am continuing to get more info. Do any of you use this system or similar system?

Any help and info would be greatly appreciated. I would like to be able to generate some "off season" revenue indoors during the colder months as well as increasing sales with a new service line during the "working months"

4 answers to this question

I used my recovery deck and vac system on the tile at my building when my last tenant moved out. It was amazing the difference and very easy to do (easier than flat work). We will be doing some live demos in Milwaukee with recovery systems at the meeting in February. You should come down and see for yourself how easy it is.

Sirocco makes one of the most flexible systems in the industry that would work well for all phases of recollecting work, Vacuboom is another option. Either of these systems will work very well for you and offer more for less money than a carpet cleaner system would.