Sign in to follow this  
master blasters

help on a beach house bid

Question

"There are 8 buildings. What would it cost to have the unpainted wooden areas pressure washed, including the walkways including the underneath of the second & third floors, stairs, back porches, and facial boards across the third floor roofline?"

this is what she sent i have pics and boy i tell you.

post-7563-137772363139_thumb.jpg

post-7563-137772363149_thumb.jpg

20 answers to this question

What size are the decks and how many are there? How many sq. ft. can you clean in an hour? How long does it take you to change your ladder, set up, etc.? Do they want the wood sealed, or just washed? Will there be any repair work needed? You need to go out and get measurements and see ALL sides of this for yourself. Also, will it have occupants in it when you work that you have to deal with?

Beth

This will be a large project and if you do not have a good size crew to do all this it will not be good. You need to give a price on time and chemical. If you need help before april let me know. We do this stuff all the time but it will take time to do all 8 buildings and I would think they should have them sealed. Can you get a lift around?

ok so i went to look at it. no lift on beach i can reach the second floor. as far as flat surface i got 3,825 for one bldg. for the railing its 456 i guess it would be linear ft?

i est about 16hr a bldg. 2 guys 16 days my est is $70 hr-80hr for everything? my overall est is about $10,000-12,000 for 8 bldg. it has 30 balconys per bldg they just want the rails done. i drew a pic/w the sqft.

Let me get this right...... you have over 4000 sq ft PER BUILDING x 8 buildings = 32000 sq ft for 10-12K. holy crap.

I'll tell you what - if they need more than one bid.....give them our name - you're sure to get it because we're waaaayyy higher than that.

Edited by CarolinaProWash

Wow really what do you guy rec for a wash? The people i buy my wash from say to use their house wash which has bleach in it? I have done 4 decks and i use deck wash adn brightener from home depot just cause i like the way it makes the deck look. But the cost is out of my price range for this job.

Edited by master blasters

post-7563-137772364034_thumb.jpgyes the price is just for washing i checked sunbright and bobs but i can't spend 16000 in chems i have about 60,000 sqft because i have to wash under the second and third floor as well. the bldg is 30yrs old it doest look like it ben sealed since it was built. so any help would be great. as of now i think i am going to bail i don't have the funds to cover this project. maybe if they pay half up front. what chem would you rec i have up close pics on my phone.

post-7563-137772364028_thumb.jpg

post-7563-137772364032_thumb.jpg

Edited by master blasters

First - it's not Roger (he doesn't frequent the boards very often:) ) You'll have to figure some way to block it then a shop vac would work to suck up and discharge to grassy (not beach grass!) areas. It will create more manhours. It's doable but it will definitely be challenging. I just hope you haven't given them a price yet - at least not based on the first calculations!

What did you find out about occupants? That's darn near as bad as controlling your run-off!

ya tell me about it the more i do my reaserch the more i am going to pass this could be a 30,000 + job if they want it sealed as well. i was reading online and they said use hot water and a pwasher. or salt water and a brush for docks and piers. screw that!

hot water on wood...no, and I would never want to find out what salt through my pump would do.

You could use a percarb cleaner but theres no escaping having to spend some good money on chems to get this thing done right

Where ever you're finding your advise (besides here & SunBrite) - probably want to delete that link. There's more than 100 years wood experience right on this forum.

Nothing personal, but this job sounds way above your head....at least by yourself.

When mold is that bad precarbs are worthless unless you add Noah to it. Bleach works much better and you can add Noah to it for a boost. Not hot water( sumtimes hot water) but heated water is great for pre-cleaning and knocking off thick mold so chems work better. Hot water softens up the hard mold and over 150 degrees starts to kill it. I always go over the under sides with just water and pressure first and do them first. I wood work my way up from the first floor up on a job like this. Knock heavy stuff off with pressure apply strong solution to floor and spindles, clean underside 2nd floor w/hot water and work your way up. Then when your done with a row of 3 Xjet that side with a weak solution of bleach all over and just rinse .U could also do all the floors with a floor machine first mechanically .