Sign in to follow this  
Brad

Call me stupid

Question

How do you figure ratios? I have a 15 gal tank surflo set up.How do I measure 6% bleach to that 15 gal of water? Or 40:1 and so on.I now use one quart of bleach per gal of water and doing a black moldy roof I have do it again and again and then hit it with 500 psi.Is my solution to week? I hear that you can [with the right mix] spray on the bleach,TSP.water solution and rinse it with a garden hose clean.Is this true? Please explain.And Thank You Thank You Thank You!!!

5 answers to this question

How do you figure ratios? I have a 15 gal tank surflo set up.How do I measure 6% bleach to that 15 gal of water? Or 40:1 and so on.I now use one quart of bleach per gal of water and doing a black moldy roof I have do it again and again and then hit it with 500 psi.Is my solution to week? I hear that you can [with the right mix] spray on the bleach,TSP.water solution and rinse it with a garden hose clean.Is this true? Please explain.And Thank You Thank You Thank You!!!

Yes, too weak! I'm using a 12v pump setup, and I'm using a 5.25% sodium hypochlorite (bleach) mix. I can apply once, and may need a light touch up in a few bad spots, but that's it. No rinsing required.

If you're using 6% bleach, I'd put 13 gallons in the 15 gallon drum and top off with water. You CAN rinse with a hose, but I don't if I can help it. It will rinse off with the next rain anyway.

I use straight 6% bleach solution applied with a shurflo pump. No other additives, although I may prewet the roof as a cooling method so the bleach doesn't evaporate too quickly.

I have some pictures of before / after I'll post in the next day or so. I've promised this in the past,now I need to actually do it.

Ryan.