Sign in to follow this  
clean streak

thinking about hiring a salesman?

Question

I am thinking about hiring a part-time salesman for my business I started out as just a pressure washing bus. but i recently expanded into parking lot power sweeping I am wondering how i should pay someone for this job. I would like to just give them a percentage but do i give them a percentage of the initial cleaning or sweeping or of a total maintenance contract and what should this percentage be? thanks

2 answers to this question

Look at your costs, look at your overhead, look at what you need for profit for the business, and what you need to earn, and see what you have left as a percentage. Also consider how long it takes to do the work.

I wish we could offer more, but we don't do any street sweeping so I am not sure what the market for that is like.

Beth

Are you going to train this person on company policies and what they can and cannot offer a customer. Liability in verbage and the door to door sales act?

Commission and hourly is a good basic to start with.

We have concidered the same but with 2 of us doing the same thing right now, we are handling the large volume of request for estimates fairly well now. But we have foreseen the need for another person to do this in the future. We are extremely protective of the company and what is said to our clients. What is imparted to a client by a salesperson can become a liability if not properly coached and educated.

Just a note for your concideration...

Rod~