Sign in to follow this  
cwarrior

Spray cart

Question

Hi, anyone know where I can get a portable/hand truck mounted spray system to spray large areas of surface as opposed to a pump up sprayer which takes forever? Anyone guide me on how to buikd one? Pics?

Thanks,

Mark

9 answers to this question

I was thinking a battery powered backpack sprayer would work but not with those chems in it, you do not want to spill any on your back. There are some 15 and 25 gallon sprayers available with hose and pump with a horizontal tank if that would work. Call me if you are interested.

Take a 15 gal drum like this: $?

post-7864-137772373129_thumb.gif

Buy a 12v pump like a Surflow or a Delavan ($115 for 5gpm), Use a lawn tracktor battery (smaller 12v, $30) mount it on a hand truck. You get creative if you want with a hose and wand holder. Seems like a pretty simple idea. if the 15 gal is too big find something smaller... with a 12v pump it could be a 5 gal bucket and a short pickup tube. Use a ball valve($5) for a wand or get a cheap udor trigger gun($35). Some thing like this:

post-7864-137772373137_thumb.jpg

Take a 15 gal drum like this: $?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16943[/ATTACH]

Buy a 12v pump like a Surflow or a Delavan ($115 for 5gpm), Use a lawn tracktor battery (smaller 12v, $30) mount it on a hand truck. You get creative if you want with a hose and wand holder. Seems like a pretty simple idea. if the 15 gal is too big find something smaller... with a 12v pump it could be a 5 gal bucket and a short pickup tube. Use a ball valve($5) for a wand or get a cheap udor trigger gun($35). Some thing like this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16944[/ATTACH]

I mix up less than 2gl any more, use less than a quart on the systems. So we operate out of 1.5gl containers with nifty handles.